Professional Boxer Tracks Down Internet Troll

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not that we advocate violence, but a professional boxer tracking down an internet troll is just about as funny as you can get. :D

Curtis Woodhouse is a former professional soccer player who turned to boxing in 2006. After recently suffering a loss to Shayne Singleton, Woodhouse found himself in the crosshairs of a troll with a Twitter account.

Really people need to stop being such asshats just because the internet hides their identity.

Professional toughguy is a sore loser should be the title of that article.

How was he a sore loser? he didnt act like a dick or whine about losing.

Now he did try to visit someone who thought it would be funny to talk a bunch of shit. I get the feeling that you didn't like this because the thought of someone knocking on your door calling you out on your bullshit doesn't sound like a fun time.

The guy posting the shit talking on twitter should of invited the boxer in for a beer.

How was he a sore loser? he didnt act like a dick or whine about losing.

Now he did try to visit someone who thought it would be funny to talk a bunch of shit. I get the feeling that you didn't like this because the thought of someone knocking on your door calling you out on your bullshit doesn't sound like a fun time.

The guy posting the shit talking on twitter should of invited the boxer in for a beer.

If someone wants to come knock on my door, I have a shiny new Remington 870 that can accompany me. Trained fighters are weapons. This is no different than someone trolling a guy on twitter and that guy threatening taking pictures outside of his house with a machete or a gun. But I guess if you threaten to beat someone to death with your fists, that's more macho and thusly, a-ok. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

real tough guy hiding behind your gun... :rolleyes:

it is, using your own hands, take allot more skill then pulling a trigger...

If someone wants to come knock on my door, I have a shiny new Remington 870 that can accompany me. Trained fighters are weapons. This is no different than someone trolling a guy on twitter and that guy threatening taking pictures outside of his house with a machete or a gun. But I guess if you threaten to beat someone to death with your fists, that's more macho and thusly, a-ok. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol your brain must be fried.

real tough guy hiding behind your gun... :rolleyes:

it is, using your own hands, take allot more skill then pulling a trigger...

Trained Professional Fighter != Normal Fight. So yeah, if some trained pissed off fighter tracked (stalked) me down from the interwebz, I also have something I can use to counteract his skillset. Point: don't come to my fucking house jackass....:rolleyes: Seriously! I've already bucked off shotgun shots at some up to no good fucks before and I'll do it again, in a cock/click.

Weapons were created for this reason, the guy trained and willing to fight...trying to get someone not trained and willing to fight, to fight.....BOOM!.

This goes back all the way to the days of (the story of) David and Goliath. The troll was an asshat but so is the tough-guy stalker.

Coward?

the tough guy perhaps was sick of trolls like the punk hiding behind his computer thinking he is the sh*t, so the tough guy showed him he better be more carful next time..

too many people "hide" behind their computer and pick fights and then when reality kicks in, get a dam good wake up call....

Same crap when someone yells out their car at you cause they drive like an ass... stop, get out and watch how fast they take off cause they want to "hide" in their car and be a pussy...

Amazing if you put 2 people face to face how fast the "troll" suddenly realizes they are in over their head and shut up

Keyword here: Troll (He should've just blocked him and moved on)

However it sounds like this fighter lets his primitive anger get the best of him which is not what great fighters are made of in the slightest to begin with.

Calm, patient, confident, disciplined, that's a good fighter.
(Initial assumption is he seems to lack all)

Note: Troll is still a POS

the sense of entitlement some gun owners have is disgusting. i know a few people who own guns and love to hunt, love to go shooting, but would never hurt a person with one unless they absolutely had to, and then would aim for a leg. if all gun owners were like them i think people wouldnt be so adamantly anti-guns.

but then there are the people who think god invented guns so they have a way to threaten people or go trolling without fear of consequences. this is not what they are for, and people like this give all gun owners a bad name. your reaction to being an asshat and a generally miserable, offensive, and disgusting person should not be "well what are you gonna do about it? i have a gun! look at me im a big man!" it should be "i apologize for making thoughtless, offensive statements. i didnt mean to hurt anyone and i sincerely apologize." if people acted more like the latter and less like the former the world would undoubtedly be a better place. and no, apologizing for doing something wrong doesnt make you a pussy, it makes you a compassionate human being. and thats a good thing.

Keyword here: Troll (He should've just blocked him and moved on)

However it sounds like this fighter lets his primitive anger get the best of him which is not what great fighters are made of in the slightest to begin with.

Calm, patient, confident, disciplined, that's a good fighter.
(Initial assumption is he seems to lack all)

Note: Troll is still a POS

Maybe again he just wanted to show a troll he isnt so tough? perhaps he was calm about it and collected, why he didnt knock the guy's teeth out, he just wanted to give him a scare...and it worked

Maybe again he just wanted to show a troll he isnt so tough? perhaps he was calm about it and collected, why he didnt knock the guy's teeth out, he just wanted to give him a scare...and it worked

Putting someone in fear for their safety while being a trained professional fighter with an obvious temper that stalks you down to your very doorstep...hmmm...lets think about that for a moment in a criminal defense trial when/if something bad had happened.

I live in reality, what the fighter was after could've backfired badly on the wrong person and he'd have a tough time proving his reasoning. Some people don't like crazy people coming to their doorstep where families reside, I'm one of them.

Note: Still think the troll is a POS, just don't like the fighter either.

Putting someone in fear for their safety while being a trained professional fighter with an obvious temper that stalks you down to your very doorstep...hmmm...lets think about that for a moment in a criminal defense trial when/if something bad had happened.

I live in reality, what the fighter was after could've backfired badly on the wrong person and he'd have a tough time proving his reasoning. Some people don't like crazy people coming to their doorstep where families reside, I'm one of them.

Note: Still think the troll is a POS, just don't like the fighter either.

Or maybe the troll shouldn't have been an asshat? I dunno, maybe just me, but I think the boxer just saved the troll from a worse beating in the future by teaching him a lesson now.

Besides, how do you know the boxer intended to hurt the troll? Maybe it went exactly as he wanted it to, for all the world to see that the troll was nothing but just that.

the tough guy perhaps was sick of trolls like the punk hiding behind his computer thinking he is the sh*t, so the tough guy showed him he better be more carful next time..

too many people "hide" behind their computer and pick fights and then when reality kicks in, get a dam good wake up call....

Same crap when someone yells out their car at you cause they drive like an ass... stop, get out and watch how fast they take off cause they want to "hide" in their car and be a pussy...

Amazing if you put 2 people face to face how fast the "troll" suddenly realizes they are in over their head and shut up

The troll should have been ignored like most level-headed people would do. While I am not really convinced he even went to this guys house, its pretty sad if he did. The troll didn't challenge him to a fight at least not in the twitter posts on the article. Yeah he was talking some shit but he didn't claim he was a better fighter or that he would beat the fighter's ass so its pretty childish to waste your time driving out to this guys house and really stupid from a legal stance. Granted the troll actions are childish as well, but it still doesn't make what the boxer did anything to be proud of. I certainly wouldn't have threatened the guy with a gun like others have suggested if he had came to my house, but I sure as hell would have called the police. Then again I don't troll people. Its stupid to engage in a fight against a trained professional unless you feel you are equally trained.

Internet trolling != stalking someone

The troll is a POS, obviously. But, the stalking and tracking the guy down and visiting him borders on pretty fucked up, too.

In a public place, sure. The troll would be there and would get knocked out. But, on the internet? It takes a lot more effort to track someone down. Didn't see the tweets, but if it's just some heckler, he went a bit overboard. Funny, though.

Fuck trolls, though. They suck. I would love to have seen his face.

Or maybe the troll shouldn't have been an asshat?
Obvious, but trolls are losers.

Besides, how do you know the boxer intended to hurt the troll?

Yeah, let the fighters lawyer throw that out in court as his defense.

I dunno, maybe just me, but I think the boxer just saved the troll from a worse beating in the future by teaching him a lesson now.

OR the fighter actually hurts the next person that hurts his pride?
Maybe it went exactly as he wanted it to, for all the world to see that the troll was nothing but just that.

Variable.

This made my day! It needs to happen more often to show people there are consequences to negative actions towards others.

Obvious, but trolls are losers.

Agreed.

Yeah, let the fighters lawyer throw that out in court as his defense.

And the other side has to prove intent. All we have is speculation.

OR the fighter actually hurts the next person that hurts his pride?

Again, speculation. He doesn't have a history of violence (other that professionally) so there is nothing to indicate that this would be true.

Variable.

Exactly, just like everything else we don't know about the situation outside of the twitter posts.

From what I gather reading the tweets this guy didn't track down shit, someone else did all the internet and told him where to go. It'd be funny if that wasn't the address, and now Mr Boxer scares the crap (or perhaps injures) some innocent person.

And the other side has to prove intent. All we have is speculation.

I would speculate if the troll talked shit to the fighter's face (on his doorstep) they would've had proof of it, very easily!

Again, speculation. He doesn't have a history of violence (other that professionally) so there is nothing to indicate that this would be true.

Stalking is a form of aggression on its own merit. Plus the rest.

From what I gather reading the tweets this guy didn't track down shit, someone else did all the internet and told him where to go. It'd be funny if that wasn't the address, and now Mr Boxer scares the crap (or perhaps injures) some innocent person.

Doubt it, innocent person wouldn't have know who was knocking and would have answered the door.

the sense of entitlement some gun owners have is disgusting. i know a few people who own guns and love to hunt, love to go shooting, but would never hurt a person with one unless they absolutely had to, and then would aim for a leg. if all gun owners were like them i think people wouldnt be so adamantly anti-guns.

but then there are the people who think god invented guns so they have a way to threaten people or go trolling without fear of consequences. this is not what they are for, and people like this give all gun owners a bad name. your reaction to being an asshat and a generally miserable, offensive, and disgusting person should not be "well what are you gonna do about it? i have a gun! look at me im a big man!" it should be "i apologize for making thoughtless, offensive statements. i didnt mean to hurt anyone and i sincerely apologize." if people acted more like the latter and less like the former the world would undoubtedly be a better place. and no, apologizing for doing something wrong doesnt make you a pussy, it makes you a compassionate human being. and thats a good thing.

if you dont need to aim for a vital spot you probably dont need to be firing at all :p

Expect to be trolled if you're a celebrity or public figure of any sort. I've been trolled much harder and didn't really give a shit.

I could beat all your asses, with eyes shut, both hands tied behind the back, and standing on one leg.:p

It'd be funny if that wasn't the address, and now Mr Boxer scares the crap (or perhaps injures) some innocent person.

Wha? A bit of extrapolation there. Who says Mr Boxer would have just knocked on the door and started screaming and punching? Some how I don't think he's that fucking stupid.

There's a big jump from "I'm gonna track this guy down..." and "I'm gonna track this guy down and beat him up", my first inclination would be he was thinking "I'm gonna track this guy down and have a laugh".

No one here has advocated hiding behind firearms as a method of behaving with no consequences. Why do you read that into what's been said? One person said that if anyone physically came to his house to threaten him and/or his family, he would defend himself with a firearm as opposed to letting a trained fighter rip him limb from limb. Stalking and then physically showing up to someone's home in order to intimidate or assault them is definitely illegal, while being an asshat on the Internet is not. Yes, it's unfortunate, and yes, these asocial idiots who do nothing but troll others could probably stand to learn a lesson or two, but the difference between inflammatory speech and threatening action is an enormous gulf.

Also, if you are under such duress that you need to fire a gun at another human being and you deliberately aim for the leg, you are a colossal idiot.

You're from the UK, so you're probably too drunk to do that.

Are you calling me drunk, mate? I ain't drunk any alcohol for years. I bet you are just saying that because you are standing there like a one legged blind chicken.:p

Expect to be trolled if you're a celebrity or public figure of any sort. I've been trolled much harder and didn't really give a shit.

How can you be so utterly wrong about so much so often. This is just so wrong. Wrong needs to be replaced by some new level of wrong just so you can be it... :p

[Tripod]MajorPayne;1039696834 said:

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it.

Also, if you are under such duress that you need to fire a gun at another human being and you deliberately aim for the leg, you are a colossal idiot.

I concur.

Back