Procurve 1810-24G reverting back to static IP

Philj

n00b
Hi

I have a HP Procurve 1810-24G which I use at home. I have set the switch to use a DHCP-assigned IP from my router but for some reason the switch reverts back to a static IP on another subnet.

Any suggestions on where I'm going wrong or how I can fix the IP to DHCP?

Thanks

Phil

Hi

I have a HP Procurve 1810-24G which I use at home. I have set the switch to use a DHCP-assigned IP from my router but for some reason the switch reverts back to a static IP on another subnet.

Any suggestions on where I'm going wrong or how I can fix the IP to DHCP?

Thanks

Phil

did you save the config ? does this happen when you reboot ? Is the firmware updated ?

Are you running a trunk across ports 1 and 2? If so, doing that can revert it to factory defaults.

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't noticed if its after reboot. I do some work on the switch, save the settings and try to re-connect a few weeks later and it's usually reverted to a static IP.

I've gone for DHCP because its only being used at home, and if I need to change some settings, I have to change my laptop's subnet settings etc so DHCP is a bit quicker/easier.

There are no trunks set up on the switch.

Many thanks

Phil

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't noticed if its after reboot. I do some work on the switch, save the settings and try to re-connect a few weeks later and it's usually reverted to a static IP.

I've gone for DHCP because its only being used at home, and if I need to change some settings, I have to change my laptop's subnet settings etc so DHCP is a bit quicker/easier.

There are no trunks set up on the switch.

Many thanks

Phil

Why would you need to change your laptop's network settings? Is the switch and the laptop not on the same subnet?

...set the switch IP to be static on the same subnet? I can with my 1700, and it's been fine since putting it in place.

Back