Procedure to clone RAID 0 system to single SSD

lodingi

2[H]4U
Good afternoon everyone. I just purchased a 1TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD to replace my RAID 0 drives in sig. What is the best way to clone the RAID drive and get it running properly. Thanks.

Good afternoon everyone. I just purchased a 1TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD to replace my RAID 0 drives in sig. What is the best way to clone the RAID drive and get it running properly. Thanks.
If the cloning software can see the raid array you might be able to clone it to your Samsung and it might boot

Not sure if Samsung software will clone from a raid array to a single disk

Acronis true Image should though if it's Windows 10 there is a high chance it will still boot just have to make sure that the Startup of your BIOS is setup correctly I assume the raid is booting up in cms/legacy mode

If its in uefi mode that should still work (just depends if it copy's the GPT partition over correctly with the boot info set right)

The worst that will happen it won't boot

You will often run into issues when you switch the boot storage driver for the default install. For optimal performance, in this case you will be switching from RAID to AHCI. You need to make some changes prior to cloning the drive. As always, make an image backup of the array prior to doing anything, in case something goes wrong. You can find a step-by-step-step guide to what you need to do here

I used Macrium to do exactly this to go from 2x 120gb SSDs in RAID0 to a single 250gb. Not a single problem

under W7 i:
created a drive image of the RAID,
put the image on the new ssd,
removed the raid from the system,
booted from the new ssd
and then added the raid back.
Windows sometimes does not like 2 boot drives at the same time.
The trick is to have enough HDD espace for the image.

Back