Problems with security connecting to websites on new Win7 install.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with an old computer I gave to a friend for his son to play minecraft. It will connect to certain websites just fine like yahoo, but it will not connect to google.com, I get a message saying "this connection is not trusted" on more than just google, but thats just an example. I also tried to launch Minecraft and it comes back with an error downloading.

Asus M2A-VM HDMI mobo
Athlon X2 6000+
2 gb ram
80gb hdd
fresh win7 install fully updated

He had a WinXP disc so I installed that first and had these same issues so I figured I would try a newer OS thinking it was just XP being so out of date, but even with a fresh win7 install with all available security and .net framework updates I get the exact same issues and its really starting to irritate me lol, So does anyone have any ideas?

Does the computer have the same issue if you try it in a different location? Or with a different router, or plugged directly into the cable modem/whatever?

Well, I'm an idiot lol. It's always something stupid! The default time never changed from like 2007, changed the date and time to current and everything works fine... Lol.

Back