Problems with Mitsubishi WD-60737 and 1920x1080

redman223

Gawd
I just got my TV yesterday and have been playing with it all day trying to get the best image quality. But I have run into a problem that hopefully someone here will know how to solve, as I am stumped.

I know that the Nvidia control panel has the scaling option to correct for overscan, but the problem I have noticed is that it creates a weird resolution for the computer to use, which makes playing games at 1920x1080 impossible. I run 1800x1020 and that works, but I am curious if anyone knows how to make it all work at the normal resolution. I have read through the manual and did what it said but 1920x1080 is still not working right.

My TV is the WD-60737, but I ran into the same problem on a Sony 70" as well.

Is this problem caused by the way that Nvidia handles the overscan? Or does it have to do with the TV? Or both? If other sources are able to compensate for their overscan while still showing 1080p content clearly, then why can Nvidia not do this?

I have the 65737 and have the same problem.

I think it lies with the TV and not NVIDIA.

If you notice, the TV (At least the 65737) is a 120hz TV but the control panel only allows refresh rates up to 60hz.

I believe it is the TVs EDID causing issues with how the video card recognizes the tv.

With a 120Hz HDTV, you should be running 24Hz from your computer. 5x24=120.

Back