Problems with Linksys WRT54G DD-WRT firmware

xplosivex

[H]ard|Gawd
Been using the new firmware for a while with no problems but now I'm not able to access the router's interface through the web thing. I've reset the router and whatever I try I can't access it. I can telnet it but I don't know the user and pass. It still works and assigns IPs but I can't get to the web interface. :p

Well, not sure what to tell you about the web interface. But for telnet the username should be root and the password should be set to whatever you set the administrator password to.

For telnet on DD-WRT the user name is root, the pass is whatever you set it to. If you've reset it, login is root, pass is admin.

http://forum.bsr-clan.de/viewforum.php?f=15

Check here for details on how to recover your router. I'm just getting started with DD-WRT myself, works pretty well for me.

Been using the last final release for a little while now and since I have been using the WPA I have to restart every couple of days....

KM

DHCP server on dd-WRT kinda sucks. If you have more than 5 users you will have to reboot it every day or two. If you don't it will mysteriously stop handing out IPs, although it will usually continue to pass traffic.

Sometime the web interface just craps out. Definately try the telnet with root/admin or your admin password. Try the reboot command from the terminal

-Cap'n

what version are you guys running? I'm running v23 dated December of 2005 with no problems, but I am not using many functions, mostly just using it for an access point.

Most people don't seem to have trouble with v22 or v23 SP1.

Back