Problems with laptop audio and gnx4 guitar pedal

Greetings all. I just got a dell inspiron 5150 laptop, and have been trying to use my gnx4 guitar pedal to record onto it. However, i havent been able to get the outputted sound and the recording program to work correctly. Pro Tracks Plus came with the pedal, so i use that. Pro Tracks lets you select an input and output source. Input is obviously the gnx4, but my problem is in the output. I dont want to output to the Gnx4 while its connected to an amp, because i dont want to lose the stereo effect. I also have bass parts recorded, so those would be being outputted to the guitar amp, and i hear its bad to play basses through guitar amps. Theres two ways around this, both of which worked on my desktop, none of which work with my laptop. I can either connect my gnx4's output to the computer instead of an amp. However, this laptop only has a mic-in, no line-in. I would assume it would work anyway but it hasnt so far, as no sounds comes out. Or i can select Pro Tracks output to be the sound card instead of the gnx4. But if i try this i get an audio driver error, stating that the driver for my laptops sound card either doesnt support the current audio format, or its in use by another program. The latter could be the case, as i havent looked too much into it, but i dont really have any programs running in the background. Maybe i need to upgrade my soundcard's drivers? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance to all who help.

Back