Problems with Handbrake after Windows updates

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I am having problems with Handbrake (It all seemed to happen after the "Patch Tuesday" on 03/12/2013) I can load the program but as soon as I add a project to the queue it crashes with an error
I have tried reinstalling the program and compatibility mode does not work either. Is anyone else having problems with Handbrake since the last "Patch Tuesday"?
I ram memtest and all of my hardware tests out good.
I am stumped at what to do here any suggestions?
Thanks

Here is the error I am getting

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

HBerr1.jpg

HBerr2.jpg

Here is all of the text in the first box

Code:
An Unknown Error has occured.
System.Exception: An error has occured in the QueryParser Utility. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Double.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
   at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Utilities.QueryParserUtility.Parse(String input)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Utilities.QueryParserUtility.Parse(String input)
   at Handbrake.frmQueue.RedrawQueue()
   at Handbrake.frmQueue.UpdateUiElementsOnQueueChange()
   at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.QueueManager.RestoreQueue(String importPath)
   at Handbrake.Functions.Main.RecoverQueue(IQueueProcessor encodeQueue)
   at Handbrake.frmMain..ctor(String[] args)
   at Handbrake.Program.Main(String[] args)

It's a stack trace of an unhandled exception from the Handbrake GUI. The reason is that a string parsing failed -- it expected to be able to convert some string to a floating point number, but the value it tried converting failed. Perhaps you entered some non-numeric value in a field that was expecting a number?

Handbrake has nothing to do with Patch Tuesday.

OK the problem was apparently caused by the file name of one of my files that I was trying to encode
I changed the name and the file and all of my other encodes finally finished
The name of the file was "Timmy's 2-D House Of Horror" (The Fairly OddParents Rule!) I don't understand how that could cause a problem

I'm unsure why the changing the filename would've been the difference -- it doesn't seem logical that it was run through "double.Parse()". Were there any other differences that you recall?

The bigger picture: I'm glad it's all working for you now.

Back