Problems with GeForce FX 5200 256mb

Jonesy

n00b
I was just wondering if you guys could help me. I'm having problems running call of duty. All my drivers are updated for the card and the sound and My computer meets all the system requirements. Please if you have any ideas post them. It has glitches in the backround when I pop up the menu and in-game, after about 30 seconds when am I playing an error pops up and says "Abnormal Termination, Runtime Error"

You need watercooling. Fill your computer up with water; if it's leaking, seal up all the holes with duct tape. Then you can proceed to overclock your monitor.

After I did that it got worse and the computer wouldn't even turn on anymore. Is that bad? Overclock monitor?

M4d-K10wN said:
You need watercooling. Fill your computer up with water; if it's leaking, seal up all the holes with duct tape. Then you can proceed to overclock your monitor.

Supposed to be funny? :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyways back to the question...

Try reinstalling the game, get patches for the game.

What are you full system specifications? that would help a lot...

512mb Ram
1.4ghz AMD Athalon CPU
80gb Hard Drive
Onboard Sound

I have reinstalled the game and got a patch for it, this kind of happens with Battlefield Vietnam too but that game acctually runs.

You are likely getting memory errors. First try a fresh format, if that fails to resolve your problems, then download any of the many memory testing programs. The memory test you do at startup often doesn't detect such small problems. You could do these in any order.

Also, the weird colours are called artifacts. You may be getting them because the game is poorly coded, or because some component of your video card can't keep up. Try underclocking your video card and see if that works. If underclocking helps, then you can either keep it, or send it back because it can't perform at advertised speeds. On the other note fx5200 is a terrible card; it's only slightly better than geforce4 MX440.

To underclock the card you will need coolbits hack. Google for it; it's pretty easy to do it.

Boy that name is close to mine. Looking at Jonesy, I realize that is what I meant to register as. I've been posting all this time with Jonsey. Oh well. :(

Its his driver....he needs to 53.03...i reccoment teh starstorm drivers from guru3d,com, they are ahcked drivers that are used to improve performance and image quality..... i use em right now, smooth as silk in every game!

Something sounds fishy here...

M4d-K10wN gives some sarcastic advice...
Fill your computer up with water; if it's leaking, seal up all the holes with duct tape.

And then jonesy tries it?

After I did that it got worse and the computer wouldn't even turn on anymore. Is that bad?

Either this is shens (who would really get a FX 5200 256 mb card) or this poor guy really got hosed.

Well, at first he didn't describe his problem, he just said he had "issues with call of duty". He didn't describle any of his hardware either.. other than having that video card. I wasn't about to pry the answer of what the actualy problem was, so I gave him a garbage answer. Ask a garbage question, expect a same answer.

Back