Problems with dual monitors in Vista...

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I just installed Vista Business and get the same exact image on both of my monitors. How do I change it so that the displays are independent? Do I need to download the ATI drivers instead of using the ones built into Vista? Thanks in advance. So far, Vista looks pretty slick.

I'm not on my Vista machine right now, and I can't remember the exact vernacular but it's in Display Properties. Highlight your secondary display, and then select the option to "stretch" (or something like that) the desktop onto the secondary display.

I figured it out. I had to download the ATI drivers and then it worked for me. I just wish that m-audio would release drivers for my soundcards:-( Oh well. I guess I'll wait to have sound in Vista.

I guess I could enable my onboard sound and use that...but I would have to hookup some other speakers. Not really sure if I want two sets of speakers on my desk:)

I guess I could enable my onboard sound and use that...but I would have to hookup some other speakers. Not really sure if I want two sets of speakers on my desk:)

And they are going to release vista drivers right? My add in card is obsolete. No vista drivers. :mad:

I don't know if they are releasing Vista drivers or not. I surely hope they do. I've got $400 worth of soundcards in this machine and I'd hate to lose them. I am working on getting my onboard audio working as we speak. I will report back here.

Just enabled my onboard sound and now sound works!!! I am using my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's for sound right now. I'm going to download iTunes and see how that works.

[Snip...]I'm going to download iTunes and see how that works.

LOL, good luck!

Don't use itunes under a standard user account. And even with a snappy system, don't expect itunes to respond quickly at all.

Oh, and since you run dual monitors, it'd be worth your time to check out Ultramon .

I don't want to pay for that software. I'll report back once I get iTunes setup.

I ran into a snag. iTunes said that I already authorized five computers?!?! I have upgraded this machine alot and forgot to deauthorize. What should I do? Contact Apple and get them to fix it?? Thanks in advance.

Er.. Get them to fix what? In the EULA you signed, before accepting services, you gave Itunes/apple permission to deactivate music after it has been activated on a <insert number> (I think 5) machines.

This gets everyone I know. DRM at it's finest, you are now limited to the music _you_ purchased, which is legitimately _yours_. But, because of DRM, you're just borrowing it.

I guess you could try, but in past experience they've been less than co-operative.

I could always go into my XP account and deauthorize that. Probably all I'll use XP for now is recording music since my soundcards don't work in Vista yet.

I went on the iTunes page and deauthorized all computers. Now it works. I've always had great luck with Apple support, but then again I have about 60GB of stuff in my iTunes folder, so I've spent alot of money with them.

Back