Problems with comp

ituggle

Gawd
Since I did the new security patches today, my computer is slow as hell. Pages and pictures take longer thand they did on dial-up, and I am on a cable modem.

Has anyone else had any problems since the new XP and IE6 patches?

nevermind. McAfee just found a damn trojan.

delete please.

I keep hearing crap about McAfee. I can say this:

Everyone I switched from Norton/Symantec to McAfee saw less resource consumption.

McAfee found a trojan that neither Norton, nor Avast, nor AVG, nor Trend Micro, nor Panda could find.

I simply dislike the mainstream alternatives of MacAffee and Symantec because they are so demanding and so intrusive. And I believe that sensible habits are a far more effective security blanket to combat potential intrusions with than Security software anyway!

I don't believe the measure of success is the number of reports you have generated. A high number of reported intruders represents 'failure', in a sense!

I've used AVG free edition for personal use for the past several years, and am happy that there's been no problems during that time. The absence of problems, though, is due more to being careful with email in particular than it is to the effectiveness of the scanning tool.

I've a commercial license here for the Corporate version of Sophos AV, which is a rather 'heavyweight' alternative. Never really had to use it, don't currently have it installed for pwersonal use ;)

Back