problems with Back Orifice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded Back Orifice 2K, the remote client / server utility produced by the cdc group... the first problem is that my antivirus tells me again and again it's a virus, but i know it's not... ok, i ignore it, again and again, but then for some reason i cannot run any of .exe files. do you think this has something to do with my antivirus blocking it? isn't the sowtware freeware? or...? any insight? thanks. :confused:

Since it's primarily a hacking tool, your AV software is doing it's job. If you want free monitoring software, use RDP or VNC. Discussing hacking related materials here was at one time, against the rules, and probably still is.

BO2K is not of any technological value. May I suggest that you use Real VNC, Remote Desktop, or pcAnywhere for your remote control needs.

BO2K is a hacktool and any sane antivirus will detect it as such. The reason for this is to protect you should some shady hacker install it on your PC or attempt to.

Discussion of hacktools is against the [H]ardforum Rules .

RAdmin is also another great remote administration tool. I'll shut this one down as BO is included by many trojan horses, hence making it off limits.

Plenty of alternatives have been offered, and there is even a free Open Source version of VNC out there.

And that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back