Problems Installing UT2k4 DVD edition

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by B18_Cya, Jan 16, 2005.

1. B18_Cya

B18_Cya Limp Gawd

hey
    i keep getting these data errors everytime i try to install the game. i keep getting different errors about some crc check. i'm installing on a lite on 832s . Can some one please help me

2. DoMeHardR

DoMeHardR Limp Gawd

Try installing it in safe mode.

3. Ludic

Ludic 2[H]4U

CRC errors usually indicate a bad disc. Is it scratched? Can you see through the scratches?

4. B18_Cya

B18_Cya Limp Gawd

i tried safe mode and its a no go. i think it could be a bad disk because i just bought the game today

5. abudhu

abudhu [H]ard|Gawd

You can always try making an ISO image of it, and install it that way, but it'd probably be easier/smarter to just return it.

6. markt435

markt435 [H]ardness Supreme

Had to do this with my RTCW disc cuz it didnt install from cd...

Make a folder with the exact name as the cd on your desktop. Copy all the contents to that folder. Reboot, go into safe mode and try installing from that. I know Dome said it but i just wanted to explain it a bit more. Hope it works.

7. B18_Cya

B18_Cya Limp Gawd

i tried copying the cd to my hd and that didnt work either . same old crc error crap, i might just have to return it and try and get a new copy
    thx for the help though

8. B18_Cya

B18_Cya Limp Gawd

ok i almost have the whole dvd copy on my hd but im missing these three files that will not copy. is anyone willing to send me them so i can finish the install. they are located on cd4 in the texture folder.
    X_Mech_decayed.utx.uz2
    X_Mechcity1_CP.utx.uz2
    X_MechStandard.utx.uz2