problems are the first thing in your halflife 2 experience

mr tanooki said:
5.1 speakers dont work and the game locks up if you alt tab out. :)

more info please.. what doesn't work with your speakers (i.e. rear, sub....)?

Anything beyond 2 Speaker mode loses sound for me. That is the only setting I can get to work.

5.1 headphones are working great at the 5.1 setting. Audigy 2zs (I think, can't remember if the "ZS" part is right.)

do you guys get sound from your sub woofer? cause i am not.

i could make the sub work, but that's if i make my soundcard or receiver sent bass from the FRONT speakers to the sub.. There seems to not be a real sub-woofer stream coming from the game

It locks up for me if I alt-tab as well. You'd think they would figure this out by now...Need for Speed Underground 2 works flawlessly with an alt-tab...

I have a SB Audigy 2.

I get 5.1 sound. But calling it working would be a stretch. I get skipping sound every time it loads a new scene.

Highly annoying.

I also had it crash the first few times I played it. Then I couldn't get the saved games to load. (It would just return to the menu and do nothing.) Then I blue screened once while trying to figure out the load game thing, XP found a few NTFS errors, fixed them up and now everything is fine. Whether the game caused them while bombing the system, or whether they were pre-existing and caused the loading problems I don't know.

Steam was also taking a long time to log me in, and it would take about 45 secs for the main menu to get on screen. Now it's about 5 secs.

So it seams to be getting better. But was extremely buggy for the first 2 hours.

Haven't had a problem since, except for the sound skipping in a new area problem.

What happens if I want to play the single player while my net connection is down?

and

Is the g-man's voice in the opening sequence supposed to sound like an automated voicemail response?

Back