PROBLEM WITH THIS POS FX5500 I just bought and my L2335

Krazy_Joe

Limp Gawd
Ok... im to the point of frustration and agravation! Someone help! Ok... i had a geforce 2 ultra and I decided to upgrade my comp to a FX 5500 just so i could use the DVI connector. My geforce 2 ultra would recognize the resolution of the monitor but this new card does not... in fact it says that my maximum resolution in the flat panel display section of the drivers says it is 1280x1024 when my monitor supports 1920x1200. I get these big black ugly bars on the side because it thinks i have a 4:3 monitor when infact i have a 16:10. I thought ok, ill custom resolution... so I input 1920x1200 and i still have the damn black bars except now my destop is bigger and i have to scroll to the side with my mouse! :mad: I tried stretching the image but that doesnt work, i tried in the monitor settings and that doesnt work. The problem is the drivers think im using a 1280x1024 monitor! What do I do?! I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia an no dice. I also downloaded my monitor drivers and still no luck.

Back