Problem with the drivers of DFI LanParty motherboard

raldo

n00b
Some time ago I bought a "DFI LanParty DK 790x-M2RS" socket 939 to create a pc for retrogaming, but i can't find the drivers online. Does anyone own it?
The motherboard chipset is called "x790" and AIDA64 identifies it with the name of "ATI RD780" while the southbridge with the name "ATI SB750".
The strange thing is that on the AMD website by looking for drivers in the chipset>"AMD 7 Series Chipset" section, x790 is not in the list...In the list there is only 790GX, 785G, 780V etc.
I don't know if it's missing from the AMD website or if one of those listed is the right one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 0
Some time ago I bought a "DFI LanParty DK 790x-M2RS" socket 939 to create a pc for retrogaming, but i can't find the drivers online. Does anyone own it?
The motherboard chipset is called "x790" and AIDA64 identifies it with the name of "ATI RD780" while the southbridge with the name "ATI SB750".
The strange thing is that on the AMD website by looking for drivers in the chipset>"AMD 7 Series Chipset" section, x790 is not in the list...In the list there is only 790GX, 785G, 780V etc.
I don't know if it's missing from the AMD website or if one of those listed is the right one.

Anyone have any ideas?
Intel, AMD, Nvidia --- They all package multiple graphics drivers and motherboard drivers, together. The driver downloads on the 790GX page, should be packages for multiple chipsets.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-7-series-chipsets/790gx

won't hurt to try them. your system won't install anything to actively use, if it doesn't match your chipset.

Reactions: raldo
like this
Functionally, the 790x was comparable to the 790GX with 22 PCIe 2.0 lanes just without the added IGP. The 790FX had 38 PCIe 2.0 lanes by comparison.

like this
The installation of the drivers downloaded from the AMD official website was not successful.:banghead:
The Asus official website went well

I own the Athlon 64x2 4600+ and a 9600 GT with 2gb ddr2 corsair. Any suggestions?
Thanks again guys

Anyone have any ideas?

I'll have to look this weekend but I think I may still have the OEM driver CD and the retail box, and the case carrier you'd strap the computer into so you could carry it to a Lan Party...

If I find the CD I will upload the drivers.

like this
I'll have to look this weekend but I think I may still have the OEM driver CD and the retail box, and the case carrier you'd strap the computer into so you could carry it to a Lan Party...

If I find the CD I will upload the drivers.
Really? Would be great!!

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://lp.dfi.com/Upload/Driver/CM/*

There are 3 files that DO start downloading when you go to their wayback machine pages and click on their calendar dates from late 2014.. they are called 790GX_SG.ZIP, DK790FXBM2RSR2.zip & ABSTool_1005.exe. No clue what they actually are but perhaps could be of use to you.
Thank you, unfortunately the 790gx installations fail ... I don't know why....but "ABS Tools" I think it will be useful to me.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Lol man, I have a DFI nF4 sli-dr, clawhammer cpu and ocz platinum rev 2 ram stored somewhere and didn't look at it for years. More than 15 years probably. Good times.

I see the old DFI forum admin every now and then playing Division2. AngryGames is his handle. Butthole banned me for someone else constantly bumping my FS thread and accused me of having another account when I explained it was someone else trying to get me banned out of spite.

Thank you, unfortunately the 790gx installations fail ... I don't know why....but "ABS Tools" I think it will be useful to me.
Thank you!

I found the driver CD but the years have not been kind to it. The CD is too scratched to read properly so I can't get you the drivers.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

like this
I found the driver CD but the years have not been kind to it. The CD is too scratched to read properly so I can't get you the drivers.

Sorry to get your hopes up.
Quiet, it was kind of you, thank you

I did a little upgrade ... I have 2 Asus GT 9600... I can do a SLI :)

Last edited:
Back