Problem with seller sweeper240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzner

Limp Gawd
He has rejected my payment so this thread is done.

I changed my mind about buying an item from him and he wants to keep my money.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1712176

He had a computer case offered for sale. I paid him for it on Sunday morning but then changed my mind that evening and asked for a refund. He is refusing to allow this and now wants to keep a portion of my money as a fee for boxing the case. He hasn't made any arrangements with a parcel service or had to cancel an order on its way. My change of mind hasn't cost him anything. It is a simply matter of clicking refund and ripping the shipping label with my address on it off the box. He can sell it to someone else since it's already boxed and photographed. I don't see why I should arbitrarily pay a fee for communicating with him.

I am presenting these facts and am not looking for consensus. I am not asking if he is being appropriate, he's not, this is just passing the blame for free cash.

Last edited:
I mean I would have returned your money, but he doesn't have to. You shouldn't have pulled the trigger to early man.

You backed out after sending payment. I hardly think $10 is an unfair charge for being a flake.

When an item is going to be shipped it has to be boxed anyways. The next guy who may want it covers that fee, I don't pay for him. There's no such thing as a "flake fee." It would be just like if amazon or newegg charged for a cancelled order (NOT RETURNED) cancelled before shipment.

Even if he had bought a shipping label by then, it would have been online, and eligible for a refund.

Just a bad situation all around, he shouldn't be charging you a fee for changing your mind, but you shouldn't have sent payment if you weren't certain.

I feel that sending payment is a contract that binds both parties, seller and buyer. You shouldn't have sent payment if you weren't sure you wanted the item. I don't think the seller is in the wrong for charging you a small fee for cancelling your agreement. You wasted his time, and now you're calling him out publicly like he did something wrong. That's pretty lame. If I were him, I'd refund your money and leave you neutral Heat.

Dispute the payment, don't give in to his extortion tactics.

Even if he had bought a shipping label by then, it would have been online, and eligible for a refund.

Just a bad situation all around, he shouldn't be charging you a fee for changing your mind, but you shouldn't have sent payment if you weren't certain.

and he will have to wait 45 days for a refund, how is it fair for him to have to refund someone in full for wasting his time?

I would (and have) refunded people who have changed their mind at the last minute but I do see why he doesn't want to give a full refund OP.

Dispute the payment, don't give in to his extortion tactics.
The payment is unclaimed and paypal will not let me open a dispute on unclaimed payments. I cannot cancel it because he has some kind of business membership which doesn't allow me to do that. Otherwise I wouldn't be arguing with him and posting on this forum, I would have just communicated that I'm cancelling payment and have done it.
and he will have to wait 45 days for a refund
The payment is still unclaimed. It is a matter of hitting reject. There is no long process or fees.

I don't see how I wasted time either. All in all we've spent more time arguing about the refund than communicating about the transaction. All of the other steps I am not personally responsible for.

To sell an item online:
1. Photos
2. Write a post
3. Package items
4. Communicate with members
5. Receive payment
6. Ship item
7. Feedback

#1, 2, 3, 4 are required to even sell on a forum. He and some of you are saying that I'm responsible for the hours he spent on these steps. That's not how it works. I could have not even existed and he would still have to do 1-4.

The payment is still unclaimed. It is a matter of hitting reject. There is no long process or fees.

I was men't if he has payed for and printed a shipping label through paypal, not for the payment.

Don't get me wrong, I think you should get a refund, but I understand where he is coming from.

I could also bet that he hasn't even boxed the case or bought a shipping label. I did not receive a tracking number and after I sent the payment his response was asking me to drive for 3 hours and pick it up from him instead of shipping it. I told him I changed my mind likely before he even boxed it. If he boxed it after I said no then it's his fault for wasting more time.

Swap the scenario...

If seller decided he didn't want to sell the case after it was sent, you prolly would've charged him some sort of fee. I agree with the previous folks who say you shouldn't have pulled the trigger if you weren't certain. While I can see your side, I wouldn't have charged you; but I also don't see anything wrong with the fee the seller put on you either. It's a measely $10, chalk it up as a life lesson and don't do it again.

Swap the scenario...

If seller decided he didn't want to sell the case after it was sent, you prolly would've charged him some sort of fee.
That is after shipping though, this is not. Also the sender can recall it and refund simultaneously in that situation. Changing my mind is not a "life lesson." My lesson from this was that I didn't trust the seller and no longer desired his case. By the way he reacted my instinct was correct and I've saved myself from a greater headache of getting a possibly flawed item from a user with no reputation to lose who can just disappear. I've had this happen once already to me on this forum.

He has rejected my payment so this thread is done.

V V V
There is no "close" under thread tools...

Last edited:
The seller should be the one making a thread and warning us about you and how YOU bought his item then backed out. I like how you tried to turn the table on him.

To sell an item online:
1. Photos
2. Write a post
3. Package items
4. Communicate with members
5. Receive payment
6. Ship item
7. Feedback

Wait, I've been doing it wrong then. I do 1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6 and 7. I only pack stuff when I'm about to send it out. What if someone wants a different camera angle? I would have to unpack and repack... not too productive.

Bottom line is you wasted his time. He should refund you in whole and add you to his list of "never do business with."

Welcome to DNT.

Glad you got your refund. Don't be a PITA next time and things will go smoother. Nobody likes having their time wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back