Problem with operating system

Dano5

Weaksauce
I have a AMD 64 300+. I have been having problem with it freezing up. i have done some research and today I went and checked everything out on the Motherboard. I retightened the CPU Fan. cause i was told that could cause. Well, After I looked everything over. I plug it back in and turn it on and nothing came out of my video card. So nothing on the monitor. I heard the little beep like you get when windows boots up. I went to the local store and got me a PCI video card and that don't work either. Here are the links to my motherboard and video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127178

Please help,

Dan

Check the way all cables and cards are seated, and reseat if necessary. We have no idea what you did to check the motherboard, so we have no idea what could be the cause. Remove any unnecessary hardware and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the CMOS on your board and try again.

djnes said:
Check the way all cables and cards are seated, and reseat if necessary. We have no idea what you did to check the motherboard, so we have no idea what could be the cause. Remove any unnecessary hardware and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the CMOS on your board and try again.

I checked for blown caps. and just checked to make sure everything is seated right also. I have cleared the CMOS by using the battery removal and the switch.

I was just checking some more info. Can the RAM have anything to do with this. I just noticed that I had it in the wrong spot. The whole time. I put it in the correct spot and it change anything. Just wondering.

Thanks,

Dan

Well actually the beep doesnt mean that it's going into windows...The beep means your machine posted alright...POST= Power On Self Test....It's basically a cycle the computer runs everytime it's booted up...It runs to check the CPU, Ram, Video amongst various other things....

Dano5 said:
I put it in the correct spot and it change anything.
OK... I'll bite, what did it change?

Did it start working, or did it ignite in flames? :confused:

Back