Problem with new GTX 570?

PR1975

n00b
OK... I can't figure this out. Brand new computer, and I have some crazy issues right off the bat. Sofar, I've installed Windows and already had 10 blue screens. The first time was right after I installed the latest WHQL Forceware driver. Yhe reboot right after it's installed, I get a "rolling" black screen with just a mouse cursor.... flickers 5 times and then it reboots. I eventually narrow it down to when it's running Aero, or when I run the system rating asessment. The one thing that won't go away however, is severe display corruption... like when I roll the mousewheel, it checkerboards until I can't read the screen. At this point I don't dare to try to do anything until it's straightened out.

So... something tells me I got a bum video card. Anyone else got an idea?

Specs:
MSI P67A-GD65 (1.8 bios)
Intel 2600k
Corsair Vengeance (running at 1333, just to remove another factor)
Evga GTX 570 (non-OC'd)
XFX 750w power supply

Thanks,

-P

Do you have an old video card? Or a second computer to steal one from? I'd test that first if you suspect it.

Also, what blue screen are you getting?

OK... Looks like I wasn't blue screening.... just a driver recovery (but acted like an ASR)

From the eventlog:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

- Provider

[ Name] Display

- EventID 4101

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 3

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-03-02T06:04:15.000000000Z

EventRecordID 3232

- EventData

nvlddmkm

-P

EVGA thinks it's either the power supply or the card... What are the chances a PS could be crap right away? I'm leaning towards nil, but wonder if other experiences vary.

-P

If its a brand new PSU, it could be faulty, I'd test a second graphics card first though.

That's the plan... I've got a GT240 to try. Other than that...I'd be pissed if it was the PS (cable routing is a MF'er).

-P

Other than suggest usual troubleshooting...PSU, double check card seating, over-heating, ect....here's my story, maybe it'll help.

I recently migrated from an ATI PCI-E card to Geforce GTX570. Removed all traces of ATI drivers and CCC. Geforce driver install not as seamless as ATI. Once I got the installation completed, I continually god a "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error. Did some research, not finding a satisfactory solution, so I removed the forceware drivers and downgraded to an older version of drivers. Haven't had the error or any other difficulties since.

Swapped in a different video card... works good. Back to EVGA the other one goes.

-P

Other than suggest usual troubleshooting...PSU, double check card seating, over-heating, ect....here's my story, maybe it'll help.

I recently migrated from an ATI PCI-E card to Geforce GTX570. Removed all traces of ATI drivers and CCC. Geforce driver install not as seamless as ATI. Once I got the installation completed, I continually god a "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error. Did some research, not finding a satisfactory solution, so I removed the forceware drivers and downgraded to an older version of drivers. Haven't had the error or any other difficulties since.

This is also my problem. What driver version are you using?

I am using whql 260.99 - revered from beta 267.24.....completely cured my problems.

Back