Problem with my 8800 GTS

I just picked up my BFG 8800 GTS yesterday and everytime I open up Ntune or the Nvidia control panel my entire PC locks up dead (I even reformatted to try to remedy the problem)

I'm using the 97.92 driver upgraded from the stock BFG cd, plus the lastest ver. of Ntune; what should I do? Thanks guys

I have this EXACT same problem. It never shows up until I download NTune straight off of the Nvidia website.

Also, don't know if it has anything to do with the video card, but I can't even play Armed Assault. Whenever I go into the game, even on a fresh install, I get a BSOD and it restarts my computer.

did you guys take out your previous card and install the 8800? If so, did you run driver cleaner Pro, etc. ? Or was it a fresh format and install?

a short while after i got my gts windows update bumped me to mp11. after that, farcry and fear would bluescreen at load, and ntune would make my screen flash a few times, then crash my machine. i uninstalled mp10 and all was fine again. give it a try. couldnt hurt.

above guy - do you mean fresh install winxp? always a good idea when having software probs after a new piece of hardware is installed.

Yea its a totally new reformat of WinXP Pro, still locked up my system. MP11 had no effect to my dismay : /

What are you using NTune for? Overclocking? If so, then just delete it and use Rivatuner or ATITools. I've tried using ntune and it was very buggy; switched to atitools and rivatuner with no problems.

No im not actually, i havent OC'd at all yet, my sig was the OCing i was hoping for but ill have to check it out. Thanks for the info

I still wish i knew what was causing the problem

I was hoping to use NTune to check temperatures, but ATITools (Does this work with Nvidia?) and Rivatuner do that just fine along with MotherBoardMoniter.

I also curiously get a BSOD when ever I try to go and play Armed Assault as well, although i think this has more to do with Starforce :rolleyes: than anything else. Since it is a genuine BSOD, instead of a system lockup + screeching noise from the speakers, I think it is a differnt problem entirely.

This is happening on a fresh (2 day old) install of windows XP.

Ok, well I just installed my copy of Vista RC2 x86; with the 100.51 drivers and the nvidia control panel works "ok" i get some odd messages but works in the end. BUT, Ntune still does not work AT ALL. So this is really odd

Ok, well I just installed my copy of Vista RC2 x86; with the 100.51 drivers and the nvidia control panel works "ok" i get some odd messages but works in the end. BUT, Ntune still does not work AT ALL. So this is really odd

you installed a beta OS with beta drivers and you are surprised that things don't work perfectly? :p

I think the 97.92 drivers are still a bit buggy because I've gotten a few BSOD's with nv_disp.dll being the cause... could be something with that

Back