Problem with lollerskater69

Status
Not open for further replies.
It said he tried to log in yesterday, is that correct or an error due to the banning?

Anyways, I'm still waiting on the chargeback. I haven't been home to call to see whats up. This guy is +200 right now. It goes...

He paid $150 for the case, knowing it was damaged
He charged me for a "new" case, $330

At this point he's +$180.

I get it, damaged. Filed a claim, UPS paid him $330 plus shipping. +$350

He is, as of right now, +$530.

If I win the charge back, which I think I will, he'll still be +$200.

I'm glad he was banned. Should I tell UPS what he did so they can track him down? I'm not sending the case back, either way. This guy needs to be taught a lesson.

Pretty simple imo, he left you hanging, sold you damaged goods as new....report the situation to the claims department at UPS, he is commiting fraud on two fronts against you and UPS, 330 from you and 330 from UPS....for a damaged case he paid 150 for....seriously should not cut shit birds like this breaks cause he will just screw somebody else down the road.

Stealing other peoples' hardware and money is not part of "growing up and learning". That kid deserves all the shit he's going to get from this, regardless of his age. The fact that he's young doesn't mean it's alright to rip people off. I can tell you that I never did anything remotely like this when I was his age.

I 2nd this....he was dealing with many whom happen to be adults here, there are consequences for actions, I wouldn't cut any adult breaks if they pulled the same thing he did, and I wouldn't cut this kids any breaks either just because of his age, he wants to do business with adults he should be held to the same standards.

I can't say I ever went through a peroid in my young life of ripping people off or screwing them around, this is not what I consider NORMAL!

Well I got my card back yesterday so I will be testing it today. Just goes to show that if you keep at your goal, you will get what you worked for in the end. That said, it is sad I had to go this route, but it will not keep me from the FS/Ft thread as I know people in here are better than that. It did teach me a lesson on not being overly trustful and to take better precautions in the future. Illegal, how are things going on your end as to the others I have been in contact with as I gave his dad your numbers.

Well I got my card back yesterday so I will be testing it today. Just goes to show that if you keep at your goal, you will get what you worked for in the end. That said, it is sad I had to go this route, but it will not keep me from the FS/Ft thread as I know people in here are better than that. It did teach me a lesson on not being overly trustful and to take better precautions in the future. Illegal, how are things going on your end as to the others I have been in contact with as I gave his dad your numbers.

Good to see members going a step further and working this out for everyone. ;)

Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. This thread was a good read.

On a related note, can anyone tell me if I can file a chargeback on something that happened a year ago? I've never heard of chargebacks until today.

On a related note, can anyone tell me if I can file a chargeback on something that happened a year ago? I've never heard of chargebacks until today.

I think 30 days is the limit with PayPal....

I hope this ' year ago ' isn't related to lollerskater69 because if so that's why he got away with so much crap. People are scared to leave negatives or just don't use it. If you don't use it and have a bad experience with a person, then make an account and leave negative heatware on that person to help warn others.

I'm not sure of the time limit for a charge back, but hope you have luck with it.

Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. This thread was a good read.

It depends on the credit company you are with. They all have different time frames.
Call customer service.

No, it wasn't with lollerskater69. It was some other guy on another forum. I filed a dispute with Paypal and they settled it in my favor, but they "weren't able to retrieve any funds."

I hope lollerskater69's dad punished him good though.

I talked to my credit card company. I should be recieving the chargeback today or to
tommorrow. I hope this guy dosent dispute or draw it out even further. Also I'll be letting UPS know they got scammed. There's no excuses for what this guy did.

I talked to my credit card company. I should be recieving the chargeback today or to
tommorrow. I hope this guy dosent dispute or draw it out even further. Also I'll be letting UPS know they got scammed. There's no excuses for what this guy did.

Did you talk to his dad? I sent you the number.

No. I just went the chargeback route. I started it a long time before you sent me the number. I dont want to give him a chance, I just want my money and to strike him of everything. I don't want him to have to have the case back so he can sucker it off to some other guy, I prefer to have everything and him have nothing.

No. I just went the chargeback route. I started it a long time before you sent me the number. I dont want to give him a chance, I just want my money and to strike him of everything. I don't want him to have to have the case back so he can sucker it off to some other guy, I prefer to have everything and him have nothing.

I would want to make sure I was not held liable for anything from this point forward, so to cover your ass, make sure that the case is not supposed to be returned back to UPS.

if in fact they issued an insurance check on it, it belongs to them now.

They may or may not want it back, but if I were you, I would want to know for sure before I did anything.

If UPS does not get the case, they will NOT honor the claim. I do the UPS claims for my company, and we are one of UPS' top 25 customers, so I know what I am talking about.

If I were you, I would make sure that UPS never gets that case.

That's not always the case.I had a case shipped to me and the box did not have a dent on it anywhere. I know it was packed that away on purpose.He insured it just to get the money I believe. I pmed him and he said no problem and that when ups sent him the check he would send me the money for the case. Well, the money never arrived so I called ups and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They have to send the check to the person that insured it.

Dam I'm sorry to hear about the loss, I hope it works out, but I also wanted to add when I bought a netbook off of him just a month and a half ago it came quickly and was actually a very good price. ;\

While you have received the check, I would suggest you talk to the kid's father. Hearing that more than one person has been cheated may spur additional consequences to the son, and can be done politely but firmly.

I agree that you should also pursue the issue with UPS --they don't like to hear that someone has been attempting to steal from them, and they have money and legal teams to pursue it that you may not. If they come down on him like a ton of bricks, it will likely scare him straight --I don't think he's really had to suffer serious consequences for his actions yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back