Problem with iTunes 7 sound output!

vmaddogv

Weaksauce
Ok, so I upgraded to iTunes 7 and now whenever I play a song, it is HEAVILY distorted unless I have the iTunes volume slider at the max position. If I move it even just a little, the whole music distortes and goes fuzzy/cracking. It will be ok untill I open another program that uses the sound card, then it starts to distort/fuzz/crack and there is nothing I can do. I obviously didnt have this problem with iTunes 6 and i dont have this problem if i play the songs in any other player. Anyone have a clue what i can do? I have tried uninstalling/deleting my itunes library (.itl and .xml) files/ and reinstalling, but it has not fixed the problem. Anyone?

Is this on a PC or a Mac?

If PC, new sound card drivers might be a good start.

bobsaget said:
Is this on a PC or a Mac?

If PC, new sound card drivers might be a good start.

Its on a PC. There should be no reason for new sound card drivers. Like I said it is only a problem with iTunes. Changing sound drivers is just asking for trouble.

vmaddogv said:
Its on a PC. There should be no reason for new sound card drivers. Like I said it is only a problem with iTunes. Changing sound drivers is just asking for trouble.

Changing sound drivers isn't very hard. Updating drivers is usually the first thing I do when I have problems.

What soundcard do you have?

mine is doing the same thing, but only on certain songs. weird.

bobsaget said:
Changing sound drivers isn't very hard. Updating drivers is usually the first thing I do when I have problems.

What soundcard do you have?

I have an Audigy. I just went to the Creative site and downloaded the latest drivers. Everything works fine except iTunes, still have the same problem.

On Windows XP this is a known iTunes7 issue. Take a look at the iTunes discussion board on apple's site, there are a lot of people (myself included) that have a problem with our audio in iTunes. I have yet to really hear it affecting Mac OS users and it affects my windows desktop and not my macbook which accesses the Library on the Windows XP system.

doesn't affect my macbook...

the real question is if you're using a pc, why on earth are you using iTunes for your music playback? :p

I solved my similar problem by shutting off Teamspeak. It seems that iTunes7 does not play well with other audio apps.

Sam

works great for me on vista. i know that doesn't help you guys, but it's nice to see vista be more compatible on something (even if it's just for a short time till apple fixes it)

edit: scratch that, i forgot that i installed it on my xp laptop as well. seems to work fine there too. sound card is an onboard realtek on a p4m system

Least said:
doesn't affect my macbook...

the real question is if you're using a pc, why on earth are you using iTunes for your music playback? :p

Because I have an iPod and I think iTunes is a great app other than the sound problems (which is why I rolled back to v6 for the time being)

Ok... I had a similar problem with previous versions and this was the solution for me.

Control panel -> quick time ->audio -> check "safe mode (waveOut mode only)" check box ->ok button.

That seemed to work for me when I was having trouble, maybe try that and see if it helps.

Canon said:
Ok... I had a similar problem with previous versions and this was the solution for me.

Control panel -> quick time ->audio -> check "safe mode (waveOut mode only)" check box ->ok button.

That seemed to work for me when I was having trouble, maybe try that and see if it helps.

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Any program that uses sound causes stuttering and choppiness in iTunes. I am using an Audigy card. Your fix does not work.

Back