Problem with Firefox 4?

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
I never used Firefox before, ever. Installed IE 9, didn't like it much, and decided to try Firefox and Chrome.

Loving Firefox for the most part but whenever a site give you an in-window message (not sure what the correct term is) it looks odd like this.....

In IE it would sort of give you a small bordered area but Firefox doesn't seem to do that.

Is it an issue with just Firefox 4 or something?

firefox4.jpg

firefox4vortex.jpg

hardforum.jpg

Above sites looks like this when I use IE 9.....

IE9vortex.jpg

IE9hardforum.jpg

It looks like those windows might be IE specific and thus have rendering problems in other browsers. If you look at the address in those prompts in IE, you can see it shows it as an ieprompt. You could try and use another browser such as Chrome or Opera to see if they have the same behavior to see if it's specifically tied to Firefox.

I just tired doing what you're talking about with Firefox 4 on my system and I couldn't repeat your results. Do you have any add-ons, like No-Script, installed? They might be interfering.

]

No, I don't have any add-ons at all or extra extensions. Just a couple different appearance settings and I've tried disabling them and everything else and it still does it.

No problems here

bddgm.png

Try installing a "persona" (http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/) and see if that makes a difference.

Also, I don't know if this is a new install of firefox or not, but I had a lot of issues when I updated and ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling from a download and it works fine now.

Back