Problem with both mouse and keyboard. HELP!

ituggle

Gawd
Yesterday my mouse and keyboard started to act goofy.

When it is happening, the mouse wheel no longer scrolls pages but only controls the zoom in/ zoom out function. If I double click on a desktop shortcut, sometimes a different shortcut is opened up. Sometimes it makes a copy of a shortcut.

When the problem is happening, I cannot type letters with the keyboard, but every key is acting like a shortcut. Hitting s gives me an auto-save page popup, etc.

I am typing from this setup right now, but I don't know when it is going back into evil mode.

Is there something obvious that I don't see in front of me?

edit

Happening now, this is third attempt to finish this post.

Seems the only way to get control of input again (briefly) is to go into Task Manager and shut down things not 100% necessary (most not related to mouse or keyboard).

other details

Xeon E3110 at 3.6
4gb RAM
Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 400
Logitech G9 mouse
Vista 64bit

Last edited:
Have you tried using a spare keyboard?
Do you have any macro profiles on your G9?
Do a clean boot.

Why do I brain cramp so much?

Was absolutely convinced it was software/OS/mobo based.

Swapped out for a crappy dell keyboard and dell mouse, works fine.

Swapped the dell mouse for the same G9, works fine.

Swapped the dell keyboard with my original ergonomic 4000 (one I had before the one involved in the mystery), works fine (so far).

Just gonna put the other keyboard to the side right now and see how long this setup is stable.

Thanks for stating the obvious for me, try a spare keyboard. My computer works again, and I am only a little embarrassed.:)

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

If its still working fine after all that with your original setup... probably just funky HID driver gnomes.

Back