Problem with blu-ray player with ATI and PhysX installed

tronmaster

Limp Gawd
Hi folks:

I wasn't sure if this went into the Home Theater PC section or Physics Processing but here is my problem:

I recently have been experimenting on using my old BFG 260 as a PhysX to my ATI 5870. I have notice that my TotalMedia Theater player keeps crashing on me when I try to start it up, previously, such as two days ago it had no problem and blu-ray movies played fine.

I also been using the trial PowerDVD 10, prior to installing the PhysX, I was able to pick certain video features, now I have notice I can't do that.

I am thinking it's a conflict between Nvidia's CUDA and ATI's Stream. Is there a fix to this? I know in Just Cause 2, I had to use an override when I ran Just Cause 2. I am hoping I can do something like that in either TotalMedia Theater or Powerdvd or both.

It might not be specifically PhysX since I had to install the software to get one of my games playing when I had just the ATI 5870 can't remember the game though. I guess I can disable the "monitor" that the BFG is connected to since the main display is extended to the BFG.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You may need to go into the settings of each player and tell it which display driver to use. They may have defaulted to using Nv drivers.

If you aren't using WHQL drivers (probably not since you have to use hacked up nVidia drivers) you might be running into DRM issues.

Back