Problem with Azureus port

Inscape

Weaksauce
I have 2 computers on my network, I connect to the internet through another computer. In the set up of Azureus there's an option to test the bittorent port 6881 and it says NAT error. On the pc with the interent connection under network settings I entered in port 6881 to be shared but still get the error. How can I fix this?

Komataguri said:
Forward bittorrent ports from your router to the comp you use for bittorrent.

Yeh what he said. Also, look into using a different port than 6881 as some ISPs and misc servers block it. Just enter something over 20000 to be sure, probably too high but doesnt make a dif. Make sure with the router that you forward the selected port plus the 9 ports above it as the torrent system uses multiple ports, not just the one. The sepcified port is just the starting point for the range.

But wait, theres more. Go into azureus' config and go to the tracker/server lot of config options and click on the button for finding the external ip and just click ok and itll input your global ip to allot for slightly smoother working plus if you have a dynamically assigned IP address (from the ISP, not DHCP) then itll help quite a bit.

ALSO, with the router thats forwarding ports, you have to make sure your computers are given static IP addresses and are not using DHCP as you wont be able to tell it where to forward to. Just give your puters good ol 192.168 addresses and tell the router to send the ports to the specific addresses and you should be fine.

those would all work perfectly but hes connected through another computer not a router....

Back