Problem with 66.70 - Cant watch movies or clips

patriot71

Gawd
I just installed 66.70's and now I cant get any videos to play in Mozilla or Windows Media player. I reinstalled DIVX and all that other junk but I still have nothing. Anyone else have this prob? Any one know what I need to do to fix it other than going back to 61.77's ?

no, i don't have that problem. maybe you can try driver cleaner and reinstall. Were you able to play the same videos in mozilla before? i.e. have the correct plug-ins installed?

yeah. i even tried opening existing video files with windows media player that I had before 66.70 and all I got while those played was the audio and a black screen where the video should have been.

do u have the new windows media player 10. that might be a problem

I had lots of video problems with Windows Media Player 10 after installing GordianKnott codec installer. That might be the problem if u did that.

just installed windows media player 10 and i still have no image. quicktime works fine....

i am going to uninstall and run a driver cleaner and then reinstall. i will update in a few minutes....

Edit:

problem fixed. apparently it was my nview settings screwing me up. i didnt have them set to single display the first time I ran the drivers :-\ Thx for the suggestions fellas.

Back