Problem Sharing Printer

xphantg0d

Gawd
My dad has a laptop and wants to print on my printer. It wasnt working for a while but I discovered the problem was I had the windows firewall enabled on my connection to my router. Is their a way I can keep the firewall on and still allow printing?

It looks like UDP port 137 and TCP port 139 are used for windows printer sharing. You should be able to publish those (the advanced settings for ICF) on the printer's machine.

lomn75 said:
It looks like UDP port 137 and TCP port 139 are used for windows printer sharing. You should be able to publish those (the advanced settings for ICF) on the printer's machine.
Ok Thanx alot Ill try that in the morning.

Snikku said:
the windows firewall is so useless ;\
FYI, it's nice to make useful replies, and not nice to troll/flame/spam (whatever you want to call that post).

ICF is not bad at all for a free product, and it's loads better than people running around naked on the web. Figuratively.

That said, I personally wouldn't bother with it provided a hardware firewall (router or the like) is in place and I trust the rest of the LAN, because it is an inconvenience.

lomn75 said:
FYI, it's nice to make useful replies, and not nice to troll/flame/spam (whatever you want to call that post).

ICF is not bad at all for a free product, and it's loads better than people running around naked on the web. Figuratively.

That said, I personally wouldn't bother with it provided a hardware firewall (router or the like) is in place and I trust the rest of the LAN, because it is an inconvenience.
But waht kind of security does a router really provide?

Back