Problem posting images from Google Photos

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've always uploaded my photos to Google and then used the pictures URL to be able to post pics online (here on this forum and on other forums). This has always worked without issues, but recently I've had problems. I think Google recently made some changes??

Now I go thru the same process, but the images don't show up in the posts. I just get a small box with an X in it. See this post for an example HardForum post. I posted images prior to September without issues, but the post on 9-7-15 they don't show up. This is one of the pics that I wanted to put in the post Image. I see that Google has a "share" link and gives a "shareable link" to the image. https://goo.gl/photos/Ztf8oX4KB4vLEFWD9 But even if I use that link to insert a photo, I still get the X instead of the image.

It almost seems like I need to "enable sharing" or something within Google Photos. I'm at a bit of a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working?? Thanks in advance.

If you log out of your google account and paste the URL into a browser do you see the picture?

If you log out of your google account and paste the URL into a browser do you see the picture?

Yes, I can still see the picture after logging out of my google account and pasting the link into a browser.

I *think* it's because the URL does not end in a jpg/png/gif and the forum is not interpreting it as an image, but as a standard URL instead.

I have this problem on every single forum I go to. The URL has to end in a JPG/PNG/GIF (or other acceptable format).

I *think* it's because the URL does not end in a jpg/png/gif and the forum is not interpreting it as an image, but as a standard URL instead.

I have this problem on every single forum I go to. The URL has to end in a JPG/PNG/GIF (or other acceptable format).

Yea, I did kinda notice that. Seems like since whatever changes Google made a couple months ago, the URL is longer and now doesn't end in a ".jpg".

Is there a way around this or to correct this?? I tried to edit my previous post and just add the ".jpg" to the end of the image URL, but no luck

Back