Problem playing games online...

Ok, im not sure if this belongs here but ohwell, please move it if it doesnt...

Im here at college on thier internet, they have some form of highspeed internet, and i play mostly cod2, and my pings where around 30-40 on the lowest listing servers... Now, like 2 weeks later, the pings have skyrocketed to around 200 all the time (it has been like this for two weeks so far) and in other games either it takes forever to "log in" or i jsut cant at all!

Please help :confused:

Maybe there are just too many users on the network at the same time?

Back when I was in the college dorm, we all shared the same high speed connection.
Everything was great for the most part, until the last week of school. I guess that all the students knew that they would be moving to places of their own (without broadband) and everybody logged onto Napster (remember them??) to grab as much as they could before they left.

Kevlarman said:
Maybe there are just too many users on the network at the same time?

Back when I was in the college dorm, we all shared the same high speed connection.
Everything was great for the most part, until the last week of school. I guess that all the students knew that they would be moving to places of their own (without broadband) and everybody logged onto Napster (remember them??) to grab as much as they could before they left.

haha you have a point, we have 6 weeks left untill summer, but i just think its wierd that it just started all of a sudden. And like the lag never goes away either, its 24/7. It just frustrates me so much.

Back