Problem Need help

PuffyJaY

Limp Gawd
I have a big problem ..
Its a cs problem . I just reformaed my pc like 2 days ago . I install cs and seam and then go off to play and my cs is skipping i mean it stops for 1-2-3 secs and then gose ading for 10 sec and stops agin . I dont know what the problem is :( it makes me cry . My cs frames stay at 72-120 when this happens .

My specs:
p4 2.53
9800Pro
768 Rdram

Can someone plz help me

yes i got all the drivers and stuff.
But my gmes r skiping bf1942 is skipping too :(

do you have an internet keyboard?
Ive read in a thread posted awhile ago about a peep having same prob and found out it was his internet keyboard just checking to see if his comp was still connected to internet ..and that was causing similar prob with CS for him

what games does this NOT happen in?

also, try and rule out that its not any software running in the background. AFAIK the only processes XP pro needs by default are these

explorer.exe
taskmgr.exe
svchost.exe
lsass.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
system
system idleprocess

kill everything except those in task manager and then run CS. if it still does it, then argh. but even if it doesn't, you'll have more ram free because of it and a less bloated xp

hm i had a faulty network card that did this same thing. but again need to know if its more than just CS. also make sure u got latest motherboard/vidcard/directx drivers. turn off truform, turn off fast writes

It's ion bf1942 too and cs those r the only 2 games i have and they both skip . I dont know what it could be :( it makes me want to take my pc and just let is fly out the window .

AND NO I DONT HVAE A INTERNET KEYBORD ITS JUST A PLAIN OLD KEYBOARD

sorry but i dont know much about anytihng with coumputers all i know is games :)

IS THIS BAD?
030104-cpu.JPG

for starters, go into processes tab of task manager. and click and end process on all except what i listed. then try CS.

did the end processes thing still my cpu usage is 100 on cs . And it's still skiping

I did that test prime somthing liek that and my pc did not have any problems so its stable

try disabling your lan connection in xp, or unplugging your cord, and starting your own CS server. jump around for a while and see if it does it.

grrr am still getting this same problem even with bf1942 i was playing DC and it skips not too much but it sure dose skip

Back