Probably Fake Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
When I say this video is probably fake, I'm not talking about the transforming part (although it very well could be). I'm talking about this thing being a functional vehicle in any way, shape or form after it has been modded. Also....no sign of Marky Mark or Shia LaBeouf anywhere. So, for those of you that haven't seen it yet, I submit this for your evaluation. :D

looks very green screeny to me. What language was that? Russian? Yeah, this is as real as pravda.

While interesting in its own way, the thing that stood out to me is the arms don't have shoulders, they're just sort of hanging off of the fenders. Not sure why that bothers me, other than I spent an inordinate amount of time playing with Transformers when I was a kid.

It's real, but it's basically a plastic life-sized model built with electric motors. There's other videos of it from different angles and some of it having problems "transforming".

How do they handle the issue of centre of gravity when it's transforming? IOW why doesn't it fall over?

How do they handle the issue of centre of gravity when it's transforming? IOW why doesn't it fall over?
I bet it has a rear engine and all of the heavy mechanical parts are in the back as well. If it even has an engine. It may be electric.

Last edited:
It's a full scale RC car that transforms, pretty neat.

Watch as this car you can't sit in, will transform into a robot statue. Complete with head turning action and lifting of arms. Maybe moving a finger.

One well placed missile would take that thing out before the front-end was off the ground. Take that you mutant BMW! :p

It's kinda cool as a show piece, I can't see them selling very many but I can't imagine they think they will either.

Fake as shit. Car doesnt move right, rims dont rotate at proper speed, camera movement seems unnatural and rehearsed so they can properly insert the special fx, plus all the shitty sound fx.

Where's the bonnet/glass cutouts for the head? See how the head sort of just melts/skips flush again when reversing the transformation? Fake.

There is no doubt you could make it a running car, just fwd it, easy. But yea, the whole head thing just something not right there at all.

Fake as shit. Car doesnt move right, rims dont rotate at proper speed, camera movement seems unnatural and rehearsed so they can properly insert the special fx, plus all the shitty sound fx.

Also check out the shadows of the car at 2:49. They appear sharp and fade before the car doors even start closing.

Back