Probably confirmation of Kinect price/ $200 bundle @ Walmart

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
Lame, you can buy an arcade box for $150. This peripheral is going to sink faster than the titanic at $150+

Lame, you can buy an arcade box for $150. This peripheral is going to sink faster than the titanic at $150+

THIS.

I just bought an arcade for 129 with a $30 gift card from the local target to replace my 360 pro with a dead dvd drive. At $150 it's a hard sell for kinect and at $60 for each game they are smoking CRACK.

Maybe in 2006-2007 when the economy wasn't in the shitter they could get away with it, but now? No Way. Things aren't getting any better any time soon.

yeah. i really wanted this to do well but M$ is killing it before its even released. 150 is to high for this. At least Move comes with the Eye, a move controller and a game for 100. Here's hoping an offical price is released soon and its less than 100 with a game...i doubt it

yeah. i really wanted this to do well but M$ is killing it before its even released. 150 is to high for this. At least Move comes with the Eye, a move controller and a game for 100. Here's hoping an offical price is released soon and its less than 100 with a game...i doubt it

sony's setup is another 30 for the nunchuck + 80 for another complete controller. you are looking at $210 for a 2 person move setup. they are both too expensive (unless you wanted to buy move, have no friends, and use half of a controller).
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Casual gamers seem more willing to pay large amounts of money to play their games, and are typically less savvy about what's a good price and what isn't. These are people who buy Guitar Hero and Rock Band with all their peripherals every year...

Definitely not going to buy it at 150 bucks.

What the holy hell is Microsoft thinking? They aren't going to cut into the Wii market at all when you have to pay money for the console + a 150 price tag for the kinect.

Why would someone do that when they could just spring for a Wii instead? Makes no sense.

When I saw the title "Bundle" I assumed it would include the Kinect and the console. There is no way I can be convinced this peripheral is worth anywhere near what has been alluded to.

Casual gamers seem more willing to pay large amounts of money to play their games, and are typically less savvy about what's a good price and what isn't. These are people who buy Guitar Hero and Rock Band with all their peripherals every year...

Thank you.

So tired of hearing people say "Who is going to pay this?!" Seriously. Rockband and Guitar hero have taught anyone anything? If it's fun, it will sell.

Thank you.

So tired of hearing people say "Who is going to pay this?!" Seriously. Rockband and Guitar hero have taught anyone anything? If it's fun, it will sell.

Kinect has not shown a single killer app to drive hardware sales of an expensive peripheral.

Kinect has not shown a single killer app to drive hardware sales of an expensive peripheral.

This is my thought as well. GH/Rock Band are supper addicting. I have yet to see a Kinect presentation that I could see myself or my friends playing for more than a few minutes, much less spend $150+ for.

...says...you? right? Opinion.

Everyone is already talking about Harmonix's Dance game. So yea. There is buzz.

Gimme Kinect for £50 and i'll bite. Anything more than that and no chance. Only game i'm interested in is Child of Eden, and thats playable with a controller anyway.

I think the reason MS hasn't announced a price yet is that they are looking to see how pre-orders are going at the rumoured prices and make a judgement based on that.

I'm betting on a final price of $99 which will be announced closer to launch. That'll make it look like a bargain and people will prolly snap it up.

...says...you? right? Opinion.

Everyone is already talking about Harmonix's Dance game. So yea. There is buzz.

That dance game could be cool, though I suspect it will not gain mass appeal because fatties and lazies cannot play it :eek: Or they might all buy it to get healthy like Wii Fit. In that case it will sell millions :D

There is no way I am spending $200 on this, I didn't even want to spend $150 but I was contemplating it. MS can screw off if they think I am paying more for this than their console. Hell you can buy a brand new Wii for less...

149$ for a camera!? It's more than a wii console. At least with the move you get a glowing ball.

Plus i can't wear a skirt
I can wear one because I have stunning legs, but I don't think i'd want to in this way.

What is kinect adventures? Unless it is some kind of alternative reality where you wake up in a bar in equador with no memory of your past life and you have to pose for a crowd to earn money for the flight home, it looks as stupid as all the others.

As much as I wished this was $100 or less, I'm still buying because of how fun this was at E3 and mainly because my wife loved the demo they had setup at Macys. I think its priced a bit too high but I'll still be there day 1 because of how much fun it was.

maybe there will be counterfit cameras for 20 dollars. That is just a camera right?

There are two cameras (one RGB, one depth), a motorized pivot and four microphones.

For the price it's a shame, I might just wait until there's a used one that sales for 50 bucks on Craigslist.

Oh, an addon for $150 that copies the Wii, or the Wii for $200 and 2 games included? Kinect adventures is god awful.

It gets worse. Kinect is £129 in the UK http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/07/20/kinect-priced-at-129-in-uk/1

Now we brits have a history of paying over the odds for stuff but i don't think even we will pay that much. Especially since you can actually buy an actual 360 arcade for LESS than that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-X..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279666289&sr=8-2.

What sort of dumbass company prices a peripheral at a higher price.

I sense a price cut within weeks of release. Post christmas should be interesting. £50 will sell it for me.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you go there knowing the type of people they attract, it's your own fault, just like walking in a ghetto at midnight.

Also, if you must, their website usually sells most high profile electronics like this one.

i'm in the ghetto right now at home lol

That dance game could be cool, though I suspect it will not gain mass appeal because fatties and lazies cannot play it :eek: Or they might all buy it to get healthy like Wii Fit. In that case it will sell millions :D

your thinking of it the wrong way.. those lazy fat ass people will be more likely to play the game because they will be in the privacy of their own home and not dancing in front of a bunch of people at some arcade place..

It gets worse. Kinect is £129 in the UK http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/07/20/kinect-priced-at-129-in-uk/1

Now we brits have a history of paying over the odds for stuff but i don't think even we will pay that much. Especially since you can actually buy an actual 360 arcade for LESS than that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-X..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279666289&sr=8-2.

What sort of dumbass company prices a peripheral at a higher price.

I sense a price cut within weeks of release. Post christmas should be interesting. £50 will sell it for me.

i sense they are going after all the dumb asses that will fork over 150+ dollars for something because its brand new like every other dumb ass company does.. ahem apple.. iphone.. and then 2 months later price cut the hell out it.. its standard friggin business practice.. i would figure after all this time people would already know this.. quit your bitching about prices.. if your not going to pre-order it and you really dont have a reason to want to buy it then stop complaining.. because no matter what after all your complaining.. this things still going to sell and probably sell very well at 150 dollars.. just wait the typical 2 months til the price drops and for some real games to come out for it..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think it will be like the old arcade model. Just a USB flash drive built into the device. Probably will omit wifi as well.

let me rephase the question... can i go and buy a sata hard drive and install into the system

i sense they are going after all the dumb asses that will fork over 150+ dollars for something because its brand new like every other dumb ass company does.. ahem apple.. iphone.. and then 2 months later price cut the hell out it.. its standard friggin business practice.. i would figure after all this time people would already know this.. quit your bitching about prices.. if your not going to pre-order it and you really dont have a reason to want to buy it then stop complaining.. because no matter what after all your complaining.. this things still going to sell and probably sell very well at 150 dollars.. just wait the typical 2 months til the price drops and for some real games to come out for it..

Wow, touch a nerve much?.:eek:

I already said there would be a price drop. Thats a certainty. I'm also entitled to bitch about prices as much as i want when the price is unreasonable. I live in the UK. I'm assuming you're american since you mention dollars.

Take a look at the exchange rate as of now. $150 is £98.19. Yet the cost for us brits for Kinect is £129.99. Convert that to dollars and you get $198. I think you'd be complaining if you had to pay $200 for it too.

So no. I'm not gonna pre-order it. I'm also not gonna buy it until its been out for at least a year. But still. Its a family orientated product. Aimed at younger children.

Imagine if you had a bunch of kids around christmas begging you for Kinect but you're a little strapped for cash like the rest of the blue collar people out there at the moment. Not so easy now is it? Have a great christmas with happy kids and Kinect, but a bread and butter christmas meal. Or a shite christmas with crying kids, but a nice plump turkey with all the trimmings.

So yeah i'm gonna complain about the price because someones gotta take a stand against these price nazi's. I'm not complaining for myself. I'm complaining for all the families that will be struggling at christmas time. To stop families having to survive on bread and a smile in the hopes that MS will drop the price for good old christmas spirit.

I wonder if they are going to release a bundle with the 250GB Xbox. I am wanting to get a new 360 but don't want to buy the gimped model. As of right now, they have no plans to sell the new 250GB HDD separate. I would definitely jump on a $400 Xbox 250gb / Kinect bundle.

I wonder if they are going to release a bundle with the 250GB Xbox. I am wanting to get a new 360 but don't want to buy the gimped model. As of right now, they have no plans to sell the new 250GB HDD separate. I would definitely jump on a $400 Xbox 250gb / Kinect bundle.

If you have an old 360 you can easily make a 250gb hdd.

I don't understand why anyone needs a 250gb hdd for a 360

I don't understand why anyone needs a 250gb hdd for a 360

Because some of us prefer to rip our 360 games to the HDD and enjoy the quieter nature of not having the DVD spinning all the damn time. Plus, I have downloaded lots of TV show's. It adds up quick.

Back