Prioritize WiFi Network - Android S22 Ultra

Hades16x

2[H]4U
Hi all,

My Google Fu must not be very good anymore.

I recent switched from Verizon to Xfinity mobile. The problem I'm having is relating to the auto-connect that Xfinity has for all xfinity mobile users. Very first world problems.

When I'm pulling into my condo, I actually connect to a neighbor's xfinity wifi before my SSID is picked up. Once connected to the xfinity guest wifi, my phone never switches over to my WiFi.

It's a minor annoyance because I consume most of my media through my phone/chromecast, so I have to manually switch over to my network.

I've tried to use "Switch to better WiFi Networks" in the "Intelligent WiFi" menu built in to Android, but that doesn't work because my WiFi is only marginally stronger than my neighbors house.

I also don't want to disable the Xfinity mobile SSID because that sort of defeats the benefit of wifi almost everywhere that uses xfinity.

Ideally what I want is:
Between the hours of 5 PM and 7 AM, search for "FBI Surveillance Van #69" every 10 minutes. If available, join that network, else stay on current wifi or mobile data.

Any ideas?

The only thing you can really do is figure out a way to make your signal stronger by moving equipment and line of sight. Or disable the xfinity mobile ssid when on the way home so you only connect with your place.

Save your network and neighbors. The phone will save location information of the wifi so you pick the right one.

Connections, wifi, advanced settings, manage. Turn auto connect off for your neighbors said, keep on for yours

Used that plus routines to not connect to spectrum unless it's a specific common location myself and works.

I need to play with it more and save multiple ssid that are identical and see if I can disable by location, but never got around because wasn't my home involved.

Save your network and neighbors. The phone will save location information of the wifi so you pick the right one.

Connections, wifi, advanced settings, manage. Turn auto connect off for your neighbors said, keep on for yours

Used that plus routines to not connect to spectrum unless it's a specific common location myself and works.

I need to play with it more and save multiple ssid that are identical and see if I can disable by location, but never got around because wasn't my home involved.

So what happens in this scenario if I go to a Five Guy's or a friend's house that has xfinity? Auto-connect will be disabled for that SSID... which I think is the same SSID everywhere with Xfinity.

From my experience XFinity WiFi is always terrible everywhere, so I blocked the shit out of it ages ago.

Maybe its improved, but I doubt it.

Back