Printer Sharing

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
Miss me? Havent been around for about a month due to a huge back surgery i had a few weeks ago. So my mother asked me to setup her printer so she could print from her laptop. So I am sharing an HP Photosmart C5280 AIO- on their office computer ( all these computers are connected via WiFi. The Office computer is runnning Windows 7 Ultimate - x64, and her laptop is running Vista Home Premium X64.
I cant seem to connect to it, attaching picture, this is the point where it wont work.
Untitled.jpg

Sorry about the photo size, thats the only way i could upload it..

Anyway, i cant add the drivers on their office pc either..
The picture below is a bit small, but its shows me trying to add the x86 driver also, but it wont use the personal drivers from the disk, or the IT drivers from hp...

49280844.png

I'm guessing you mean that the computer that's trying to connect is x86, right? The additional x86 driver has to match the version of the 64-bit driver you have installed. So if you installed a PCL 5 driver version 3.1.2 x64, then you'll need to grab a PCL 5 driver version 3.1.2 x86.

nope, her laptop is 64 bit also, i was just trying to add the x86 driver for later purposes, i will try and find the new x86 driver, thanks..

when you add x64 and x86 drivers, they must be the exact same version of the driver for it to work. download the x86 and x64 driver from HP and install it on the 'server' computer as x64. then add the x86 driver.

you cant mix and match say a PCL5 and a PCL6 driver, or windows provided driver with an HP provided one.

Back