printer head stuck in Canon MP530 - any way to get it out?

x509

2[H]4U
I had to get a no-name replacement printer head for my Canon MP 530 printer. So I put the head into the printer, but only one of five ink cartridges actually printed in a test, even though the printer detected all five cartridges. So I thought I should remove and re-seat the printer head. At this point, it all got pear-shaped. The replacement head simply won't come out, and I feel that I am lifting very hard straight up. I've power-cycled the printer, but that hasn't helped?

Am I looking at buying a new AIO printer?

instructions say lift lever, tilt head towards front and lift out.
instruction unclear, disk stuck in printer...
I did exactly that to remove the old printer head. But this new one doesn't want to be tilted forward.

odd. no wiggle to it at all? you sure it was the right one for the model?
Yup. No wiggle at all. When I first put in the new printer head, it did seat properly and it did print, but only for the fat black cartridge. The regular CYMK cartridges did not print, which is why I tried to remove the printer head. But here I am. I'm afraid that I'm looking at a new AIO printer. :mad:

Yup. No wiggle at all. When I first put in the new printer head, it did seat properly and it did print, but only for the fat black cartridge. The regular CYMK cartridges did not print, which is why I tried to remove the printer head. But here I am. I'm afraid that I'm looking at a new AIO printer. :mad:
no clips on the sides? maybe brace the carriage good as you can and tug harder.

no clips on the sides? maybe brace the carriage good as you can and tug harder.
pendragon1 OK, so you inspired me to try harder. I braced the carriage rail, squeezed the sides of the printer head, and after about 20 swear words, the printer head came out, but only part of the head. Some connector is still fastened to a circuit board which has several ribbon cables going into the body of the printer. So this is becoming a Project, and right now I have some work deadlines. I'll try again this evening, after a few glasses of wine. :ROFLMAO:

Back