Printer for vinyl stickers

My daughter wants to make stickers and likely sell them. Anyone have experience printing on vinyl stickers? Which brands/models have been good for you? Is laser out of the question? Also hopefully one where cartridge replacement isn't draconian.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
pretty sure it have to be inkjet and there recommended epson models that will be cheaper for ink.

MN Scout

Supreme [H]ardness
You didn't ask for company recommendations, but there are quite a few that will print then and die cut them for you. I was impressed with the website of this one https://www.stickermule.com/ Something like that could be an option if she wants to spend more time designing the artwork, and less time dealing with printers and automated cutters.

joevarmr

n00b
Hello

I would greatly appreciate some advice on which printer to purchase please.

I will be using the printer for printing stickers (matte and glossy), photos (no larger than A3 size), and regular printing- study notes, essays & journal articles.

I also want to print on printable vinyl, best sticker printer and up to 300gsm card stock.

Photo printing will be solely for personal use, and the stickers and printable vinyl, hopefully for a small Etsy store that I intend to open soon, but I don’t expect to be printing a large volume for quite some time (and at that stage would probably purchase another printer).

I would prefer to spend no more than around $800-$900USD.

I am currently considering the Canon Pixma Pro 200 and Epson Ecotank ET-8550. Ideally I would like to keep the cost of ink down, so I am swaying towards an Ecotank model, but am happy to consider other options.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
From what I have used, any decent ink jet printer should do it. I used a random $40 one at a friend's place. From there it's printable vinyl sticker sheets, and what ever way you want to clear coat rattle can or laminate the top.

dbwillis

[H]F Junkie
Ive used diecutstickers.com 4x so far for projects at work, very good, not falling off after 6 yrs, I sent an initial request, they assigned a guy for me to work with directly, made a graphics examples, sent a few emails back and forth, then got a example done.
I had thought of trying to use color printers, but heat/humidity/handling may smudge them?
(these were used to identify machine uses in equipment rooms around campus....hard to tell what a machine is when the fronts are all the same faceplate, I bought these for work, on my own dime, was well worth it)