Printer for Tyan K8's????

Satamax

Limp Gawd
Hi everybody!

Well, just a silly quick question. What printers do you use with the dual opteron boards out there? Exept the Tiger, all the others have no serial port. What do people use nowadays??? USB IR or what?

Best regards.

Max.

My Tyan Thunder K8W, S2885, has a nine pin serial port.
But I do use a USB printer with it.

Luck......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

arnt most printer either LPT (read parralle) or USB or Network driven, and if so why does the lack of a COM (read serial) port mater at all?

Hi everybody!

Well, sorry guys, i meant parallel port and not serial! I've posted that one to late to still have the ideas clear! Well, when i'll switch, i'll most certainly have to buy a new USB printer instead of my old Epson 640 parallel port one!

Best regards.

Max.

My Tyan Thunder K8W, S2885, also has a Parrallel port.

Luck........ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Thanks a lot guys!

Tiger, one problem; the 2885 doesn't have SCSI! :( I'm after an 2882 UG3NR pro ! Otherwise, i'd be looking at the 85, for the agp! But it doesn't have onboard video, but sound! i'd rather have the contrary, onboard vid and AGP for simple implementation of a dual monitor as i'm runing my thunderK7 curently! Main vid PCI and secondary vid AGP!

Best regards!

Max.

The s2882 does have a parallel port but its an internal one (13x2) similar to the floppy/ide ports.
So to use it all you need will be an internal-external addapter of the right size/type.
But from the look of the manual you do not get it with the mobo.

Luck........ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Thanks a lot Tigerbiten, that's verry intresting! I understand that dyan didn't bother with this port much as it is not verry intresting in servers, where most of the Thunder K8 goes! But if you work with toshop and print a lot !!!!!

Best regards.

Max.

thunder k8w and a cannon i960

It takes one of those rare USB ports. I didn't realize how many I needed until I suddenly have only 3.

Back