Print server help. Wireless to wired?

aconway

Limp Gawd
Can anyone tell me how to setup my wireless to wired printserver?
I have a Linksys wireless router and can logon to the internet etc...I also have an SMC wired - 4 port hub with a built in printserver. I have tried until I'm blue in the face and cannot see the SMC at all. If I hook it up to my computer via RJ45 I am able to access it but not thru the wireless router...:confused:
Anyone able to help me , please? thanks:mad:

Connect a cable from the hub to the router. Connect your computer to the router, then can you ping the print server?

I can ping the wired router when hooked up by cable. But, when I unhook the cable, I can ping the wireless router, but not the wired router thats hooked to the wireless....
Does that make sense? I'm not sure how else to put it.

The situation is, I have my computer setting downstairs.The wireless router, wired router/print server, and MFC Brother printer are all upstairs. I have the parralel port cable from the SMC PS hooked to the printer.
The Wireless router hooked to the wired SMC router.
I can see my wireless no problem but couldn't see through it to the SMC.
So, I went up, grabbed the SMCX, brought it down then cabled it to my computer and could ping it.

Any ideas? It just seems like the SMC is blocking the wireless router or visa versa.....??

Back