Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (remake)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
A remake of 2003 classic Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will release on PC on the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store early next year (as well as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)...the PlayStation 2-era game is being totally rebuilt using the Assassin's Creed's Anvil game engine...

on top of a general graphical redo the character animations from the original Sands of Time have been reenacted with motion capture. "We decided to leverage motion capture, first of all, to enhance the cinematic parts with facial capture, to bring more emotion to them," said game director Pierre-Sylvain Gires...the remake will be $40 when it releases on January 21, 2021...

A remake of 2003 classic Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will release on PC on the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store early next year (as well as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)...the PlayStation 2-era game is being totally rebuilt using the Assassin's Creed's Anvil game engine...

on top of a general graphical redo the character animations from the original Sands of Time have been reenacted with motion capture. "We decided to leverage motion capture, first of all, to enhance the cinematic parts with facial capture, to bring more emotion to them," said game director Pierre-Sylvain Gires...the remake will be $40 when it releases on January 21, 2021...

I was excited for this as I actually played the original, but I feel they could have enhanced GFX bit more - (to me) it does not look impressive at all.

Like to dislike ratio on that video lol. one of the comments was "looks like the remake needs another remake". They want to charge $40 for that? Disappointed and pass. Doubt Ubi will take the feedback and actually improve anything.

I remember this game fondly.

I wonder if it’s nostalgia or if it will actually hold up?

It's Ubisoft, so I expect the least amount of effort possible to have this made.

Easily the best modern PoP game, the sequels which followed ranged from meh to barely passable.

Graphics could have been better, but definitely a noticeable improvement over the original.

Given my backlog, I can't see myself playing this again any time soon.

It was a really good game. Especially at the time. I think the main problem with the remake (other than the graphics still being pretty rough), is that since then tons of other games have improved on that formula. Everything from Ninja Gaiden and Assassin's Creed to Jedi Fallen Order and the last couple Tomb Raider games do similar things better.
Wild guess, this is probably a way to snag a little bit of money and test the waters for a new PoP game.

OK I'm in! I think I'm the only muther fudger who really enjoyed the movie as well.

I played this game while I was deployed in 2007 on my Asus G2P laptop in the middle of the Iraq dessert, lol. I played the 2nd one as well right afterwards. They were decent games to pass the time then, but Oblivion dominated most of it.

This "remake" looks like it should sell for $20 upon release though with those graphics, as long as the game play still holds up too though.

everyone is focusing on the graphics but this is more then a 'remaster'...it's a 'remake'...so expect much more then a graphics facelift

everyone is focusing on the graphics but this is more then a 'remaster'...it's a 'remake'...so expect much more then a graphics facelift
i thought a remaster was when they just polished a turd and a remake was from the ground up.

Imagine releasing a game that looks like this in 2021... :confused: I'll consider getting it if it's under $20.

I'm interested in a proper PC port - 3D parkour simulators are loads easier to play on a controller.

The current PC port doesn't have native controller support.

I played the original games just fine on a keyboard, but I hate using the mouse and keyboard for the 3D version.

I have fond memories of the original, but if they're going to properly REMAKE it, not simply a graphical update remaster, and it has taken this long - I expect to see changes to the mechanics , play, story etc...and other enhancements. If its really a proper "remake" beyond simply graphics, then I think it would be a nice way to introduce old and new players alike, but as others have said the concern is that so many other games have done the formula already and/or improved on it, so hopefully they've been ambitious. Though to be honest if they're planning to do this, I don't see why they didn't properly remake the entire trilogy - there were 3 games in this continuity and all were pretty good, though this would be a time to polish and expand the narratives and mechanics of all three (the second game I recall had a big infusion of "nu-metal grimdark" where the Prince put on his "nobody understands me" outfit and started speaking like Solid Snake)

I've always been a fan of Prince of Persia since I played the early copies in my youth with the amazing-for-the-time-rotoscoped animation, so if this is angling for a return to the series then that's great - I just think they could go out of their way to make this remake the best it can be , ideally for all 3 titles in this continuity.

I loved the original, except for that ungodly fight on the elevator platform at the end. Sooo frustrating.

Will likely pick this up on sale if reviews are decent. I wouldn’t mind playing through it again, especially in the form of an enhanced edition.

The original was cool for it's time, this..... remake? I will pass. Price vs gameplay? I doubt it's worth the asking price.
If I want to relive Prince of Persia, I'll load up the original which was worth it's price for the time. Great game from the day.

PoP.jpg

What? What was the original date, and what is the new one? Most useless announcement ever.

What? What was the original date, and what is the new one? Most useless announcement ever.

January 20th was the original date...then they pushed it back to March 18th...now it's delayed again with no new date

Response probably wasn't as positive as they had hoped and thought they could handle this with a skeleton crew.

I'd rather see the game delayed then to have another Cyberpunk episode.

Came with a vidya card my dad got back in the day. Think it was a somthin 2000 (riva? Savage? SiS?). Good game, excelent graphics and gameplay for the time.

Response probably wasn't as positive as they had hoped and thought they could handle this with a skeleton crew.
I wonder why are they even remaking this, I don't remember it as being that much of a hit. I certainly didn't enjoy it. It was a Tomb Raider wannabe, with much less polished gameplay, and uneven difficulty with huge spikes.

I'm excited for this, I didn't play the original. Cool to get something beyond COD or BF regurgitated trash/.

I wonder why are they even remaking this, I don't remember it as being that much of a hit. I certainly didn't enjoy it. It was a Tomb Raider wannabe, with much less polished gameplay, and uneven difficulty with huge spikes.
It sold over 2 million copies in its first two months of release, which was a success back in 2003. It ended up selling over 14 million copies in total. The game is considered by many to be one of the greatest of all time.

I didn't play it a ton, but I remember this version of P&P being a lot faster and more acrobatic than the somewhat stiff Tomb Raider games. Kinda like they infused a little Ninja Gaiden into the mix. It's old hat now, but I was impressed with it at the time.

Sands of Time Remake Won’t Launch Until 2022, E3 Showing Not Happening

Sands.jpg

yeah, in our minds the remake is how the game look liked in the past.

they really need to remake it to look like modern games, not games that was the last prince of persia.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say this was one of the greatest games ever.
While I don't think this is one of the best, I do acknowledge that Sands of Time was genuinely amazingly built. it was a bit of a one-trick pony: a then-modern puzzle platformer with challenging enough combat, but the art, music, story, gameplay, animation... it was all genuinely well done. Nothing groundbreaking besides maybe the movement system which would inspire Assasin's creed (the first few AC games are supposed to be good). I honestly cannot say anything bad about the game, its one of those "just plain good" games.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Not Canceled, but Delayed Again

Earlier today, retailers like GameStop and others were delisting pre-orders for the upcoming Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake, prompting concerns the project has been canceled...IGN can confirm that the Remake is still in development, but has been further delayed out of FY23...

https://www.ign.com/articles/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-not-canceled-delisted

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Not Canceled, but Delayed Again

Earlier today, retailers like GameStop and others were delisting pre-orders for the upcoming Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake, prompting concerns the project has been canceled...IGN can confirm that the Remake is still in development, but has been further delayed out of FY23...

https://www.ign.com/articles/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-not-canceled-delisted
Seems odd when Gamestop honored decade-old preorders of DNF if your receipt was still good.

Back