Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Nobody here is playing this game?

That’s what. I thought… but if over three hundred people worked on this for years… and the game itself is goty material (which is what a lot of folks are saying), and there’s a good solid 30 hours of gameplay that’s progressive, then why not? Because it’s a side scroller?
I don't care how many people worked on it. They failed to sell me on this game at the $50 price point, simple as that.

Nobody here is playing this game?

That’s what. I thought… but if over three hundred people worked on this for years… and the game itself is goty material (which is what a lot of folks are saying), and there’s a good solid 30 hours of gameplay that’s progressive, then why not? Because it’s a side scroller?
Yup. I'm not out to go after this game, but I just don't see it. I loved playing it on a Mac LC LC2 back in the early 90's at my dad's work on wknds tho. Just not feeling the vibe at this point. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But 50$ and have to go thru ubi?

Why? It's apparently a reasonably long game, looks polished and fun, etc. Is it because of the ip not being as major? I see nothing wrong with the asking price. Compare it to a Mario game and it looks fine?

It is a side scroller. The gameplay doesn't quite look that advanced. The art style looks nice, but probably not as difficult or time consuming to make that style of graphics in a 2D environment. I think $30-35 is an appropriate price for what I am seeing. $50 is a bit high, I expect that for indie games or smaller AA games.

If it cost them such a large amount of money then something went wrong in development. It doesn't look quite advanced enough in terms of mechanics to cost as much as other fully 3D games I see in that price range. Seems like somehow they over spent on a 2D side scroller, and even if a great one, it isn't quite worth the price.

Last edited:
The trailers make it look like the Guacamelee and Ori games. Is it anything like those or is it just a straight up side-scrolling action game?

Thankfully the demo convinced me that this game is not for me. I liked Ori but Ori 2 became overly complex and repetitive with collectibles and powers and shit. This seems like the same but with a bit dark souls like difficulty. I am not wasting my time on these types of games. Also I don’t like platforming anymore as I am not as fast with my reflexes like I used to be.

Maybe at $5 or gamepass inclusion I might try it again.

if it's not on steam no dice. would play this on my deck only
You can install and run Ubisoft Connect games on a Steam Deck while still running Steam OS. There are several tutorials around the internet that walk you through it.

You can install and run Ubisoft Connect games on a Steam Deck while still running Steam OS. There are several tutorials around the internet that walk you through it.
Too much work, Ubisoft Connect is already bad enough on Windows, and Ubisoft could make it less complicated but they won't. Metroidvanias are one my favorite genres but I refuse to buy anything Ubisoft now-a-days; even if I'm interested in a game by them there are too many other games by companies that aren't so antagonistic towards their customers.

Too much work, Ubisoft Connect is already bad enough on Windows, and Ubisoft could make it less complicated but they won't. Metroidvanias are one my favorite genres but I refuse to buy anything Ubisoft now-a-days; even if I'm interested in a game by them there are too many other games by companies that aren't so antagonistic towards their customers.
How is it bad on Windows? I've never had an issue with Ubisoft Connect or uPlay when it comes to playing my games. The store always seems to have issues in the app for whatever reason, though.

How is it bad on Windows? I've never had an issue with Ubisoft Connect or uPlay when it comes to playing my games. The store always seems to have issues in the app for whatever reason, though.
Last time I used Ubisoft Connect it couldn't even connect to the Ubisoft servers to login after a fresh install. I had to delete the appdata folder just to get it to login. Then you can include issues that a lot of people have with it such as it constantly logging you out. Uplay was a little better but that's a very low bar.

I've had problems with login and just being slow in the interface. It worked better as Uplay, the rebranding to Connect made it worse. Though it generally works.

I've generally felt uPlay/Connect is one of the better launchers. I don't really need it, but I've had almost no issues. Achievements always pop up, things unlock as needed, the store has lots of sales, etc.
Not counting Steam (which is ubiquitous enough that they can get away with dated UI/UX just like Amazon), I'd put Ubi services on the upper tier with Battle.net as far as being light/trouble-free and easy to use.

I've generally felt uPlay/Connect is one of the better launchers. I don't really need it, but I've had almost no issues. Achievements always pop up, things unlock as needed, the store has lots of sales, etc.
Not counting Steam (which is ubiquitous enough that they can get away with dated UI/UX just like Amazon), I'd put Ubi services on the upper tier with Battle.net as far as being light/trouble-free and easy to use.

I find the Steam UI to generally be the most intuitive. Yes, it is "dated", but newer UI/UX design is not about practicality or functionality.

Back