Primochill Ice any good?

I've heard about it and received a bit of info on it, but I haven't seen it reviewed anywhere as of yet.

Bio-Hazard said:
I've heard about it and received a bit of info on it, but I haven't seen it reviewed anywhere as of yet.

ditto

Id try it out though, why not? :D

It may be the only way to get a rich 'red' color in your coolant. And it's UV reactive...not many red UV reactive options out there...

I saw some of this at Sharka the other day and it looks very similar to anti-freeze. With the other contestants having long term problems in non-conductive fluids the safe bet is to wait about 6 months before putting any of that stuff in your loop.

On a safety point of view the stuff is not labelled correctly for USA trade and is packaged in such a manner as to probably explode if it goes by airplane.

Added: Explode is probably the wrong term. :eek: Burst would be a better adjective so we don't have Homeland Security investigating the makers of Primochill Ice. lol

It looks very interesting, and after hearing about MCT-5 remaining nonconductive after a year in the loop I might be starting to change my mind on nonconductive fluids (not to mention their price has dropped considerably since FluidXP first came out). The other nice thing to me is that the one you linked to has a very nice blue color....sweeeet :p

Bad news Thinkcomputers.org did a review and found it would conduct electricity ...bummer

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/v2/index.!!!!!!!!reviews&id=281

just noticed over at frozencpu.com, there is a video of voyeurmods dumping this all inside a running computer, apparently they caught wind of people questioning its conductivity. I really want to believe this would be non-conductive, looks so sweet, otherwise its real expensive uv reactive dyed water...although they do seem to just drop a bit of it on there....why not dump half the bottle all over?

I want to see how MCT-5 reacts to that LED test, if it performs like the PC Ice did then we can consider it to be non-conductive enough, since the madshrimps incidents proves that MCT-5 can spill in your system and not mess anything up.

Personally that test did not convince me at all considering that computer looked like it was 18 years old and I couldn't see anything of importance where they were dumping the fluid, not a single cap or anything.

They poured enough of it to allow it to run into the slot that videocard is in which would be a killer if it was in fact conductive but on the other hand I notice that they didn't pour it all over an expensive mobo and vid card either.

But seriously, if you'll notice it is sitting in a pan with enough of it in the pan that the bottom ISA slot has it running level with all the contacts.

From personal experience, this stuffs is relatively nonconducive...I forgot to tighten one of the clamps going into my 7800gt waterblock and turned the system on...The system is running fine when I started to notice (about 30secs in) that there was a puddle my second 7800gt (the one below the leaking one) and the ice coolant was tracing to the pcie slots and motherboard...Ofcourse I freaked, turned everything off immediately and spent a good 2 hours drying, praying, drying, swearing at self, and then plugged everything back on. Well, it has been working flawlessly....
So, don't know about other tests, but I have to admit that using thermochill helped with my leak...Normally, I would be buying a new 7800gt card and a new motherboard,,

PrimoChill ICE SUCKS. Theres residue allover the inside and it gets clogged in your system, never use it, EVER.

Back