PrimeGrid's ONE DAY Birthday Challenge - Starts Jun 12 00:00 UTC

pututu

[H]ard DC'er of the Year 2021
This is a super-sprint CPU challenge only and last for 24 hours. More like a 33 meters dash in a 100 meters event, if you compare to FB.

Challenge website: http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=7478. This is a part 3 of the 2017 PrimeGrid Challenge.

PrimeGrid sub-project name for this challenge is Sophie Germain Prime Search LLR (SGS). No bunkering.

Last year thread: https://hardforum.com/threads/prime...-the-2016-primegrid-challenge-series.1911219/

Tips (from Gilthanis):
You must log into your account at PrimeGrid to change your project preferences so that you are only crunching the correct sub project. In this case SGS-LLR.
Intel boxes tend to perform better. The HT probably needs turned off since these are not sieve work units. However with how short these are, you may not notice much. Do your testing in advance.
Intel chips tend to out perform AMD chips
PrimeGrid work will stress hardware harder and so is more sensitive to overclocking. Therefore make sure you have tested their work units on your rigs before the challenge to make sure they are stable.
These challenges only count work units downloaded during and completed before end of the challenge. So, no bunkering.

Since these work units are really small, you should run with zero cache. You don't want to have work sitting around because the first person to complete the work unit gets credit for the Prime when found. SGS has the highest probability of finding a prime.

Not sure if anyone is interested since most are busy helping FB.

I'm on the fence:unsure:

I haven't kept up much this year, but in the past Sophie Germain was the most likely of the sub projects to find Primes though they will not be impressive like the Mega Primes. So, if you want to pad your "resume" with the number of primes found rather than how large it is, this is the project for you.

Since last year, the rat team (Aggie the Pew) has dominated this challenge and the PG project. Only fastgeek managed to dethrone them once, IIRC.

We got Applejacks and HighTech67 in this challenge. I just switched one rig for this. 19 more hours to go before the end of the challenge.

Sorry guys... summer weather still too hot here. It is a shame because this sub project is one of the few that G34 rigs can still run without manipulating BOINC to run multi-threaded.

Forgot all about this as I wasn't online all weekend. Friend of mine decided they're going to sell their house and recruited me for a couple days of remodeling work. Oh well; Z-san got lucky. ;)

Back