"Prime95 has stopped working" after 3hrs...but did not fail...

yangp1127

Weaksauce
Hi guys, i did a search on google as well as here....didnt find the answer... after OC my Q6600 to 3.2ghz, it was stable o/n at 1.4v....i'm tryin to lower bit by bit....now when its around 1.375 or so,..after 3hrs into prime 95... an error message pops up in vista "PRIME95 has stopped working"...but in the background , i see all non of the 4 threads had any errors...is this considered as a fail?? I did not changing the timing of ram at all, it couldnt be a ram problem right ? thx for any info..

If its vista, its prob vista causing it, if its XP, then something probably failed somewhere along the line.

Anything more specific is hard to figure out unless your looking right at the problem.

prime works fine on vista ultimate 64, I've pulled 48 hour sessions @3.6

I'd try running prime again at stock and see if it crashes again.

Make sure you have all the hotfixes installed for Vista before trying again though.

Running Vista Ult x64 as well and no problems here.

Also.. is that the lowest vCore you can use to hit 3.2Ghz? Is your q6600 a B3? I'm hitting 3.2 with just 1.31 vCore.

you think its the ram? but i didnt change the timing any....
not sure - it could be. You need to test with a bootable memory test from memtest.org. What kind of power supply do you have? What else do you have in that box?

Back