Prime Day is Coming 7/15/2015

I'm trying not to be greedy, but it pisses me off that Amazon markets an exclusive sale for subscribers of a relatively expensive club, and then executes it as poor as they have.

This whole shindig was about generating traffic and new memberships and had nothing to do with rewarding loyal customers. Cool.

I would have been happier with a $5 discount on my prime subscription renewal. Perhaps I will cancel it instead.

You must have missed the deal earlier this year for $75 prime membership. I bought it and sent it to myself. Renewed after my previous "Membership" was over this past June. Im going to look for another one of those deals again...hopefully, and buy another.

Okay 27" Monitor.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LCAT2TC

On Newegg it resolves to 2 separate monitors. One differentiated by a G6.
The stock one is $200
The G6 is $250

The one on Amazon doesn't differentiate.
It's priced like the G6, but the pricing now is $183.

And was 100% claimed exactly 1 minute and 20 seconds after it went up.

Pfft.

This is a fucking sick joke.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
freaking missed the 100 off the bissel pro carpet cleaner ahhhhhh. I have been needing that. Why did i go to sleep!!!!

freaking missed the 100 off the bissel pro carpet cleaner ahhhhhh. I have been needing that. Why did i go to sleep!!!!

Think I saw a hoover at Wal-mart that was pretty cheap. Not sure if $100 off or not but it was pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

Eh, I snagged the LotR Extended BR trilogy finally for $27.99 so pretty happy about that. Lots of junk though. Wife almost snagged a few things for the baby but they sold out pretty quickly.

I'd been keeping my eye out for a set of the Saitek Pro Combat pedals but they've been out of Amazon stock for a little while now, and all the 3rd party sellers are full price.

I feel vindicated not wasting any time with this now. it's short lived since my funds in short supply anyway.

Several friends just snagged the PS4 Batman bundle that comes with FF Type - 0 and year of PS Plus also free.

I grabbed a 3TB HDD earlier and power supply for my pedal board. Haven't seen a single thing that interests me otherwise.

I suppose I can't complain over much at this point as I managed to snag one of the Vizio 65" TVs for $799 after some vigilance while on the waitlist.

optimus_amazon_prime.jpg

hopefully this will teach Amazon a lesson...just because you're the largest, most popular and most respected retailer in the world doesn't mean you can get away with having a crappy sale and marketing it as the biggest thing ever

hopefully this will teach Amazon a lesson...just because you're the largest, most popular and most respected retailer in the world doesn't mean you can get away with having a crappy sale and marketing it as the biggest thing ever

We'll see if the old saying, "any publicity is good publicity" will hold true.

Here's a thought...

1 - Advertise a "Prime" member only sale
2 - Hype it to Pluto's moon
3 - Thousands sign up for a prime membership at $99/yr to take advantage, but actually sell crap the robots pushed into the corners last year as they were zooming around the warehouse grabbing stuff to fulfill orders
4 - Profit!!

What kind of idiot would spend $100 just to participate in one Amazon sale?
You can make a new account and get 30-days free.

What kind of idiot would spend $100 just to participate in one Amazon sale?
You can make a new account and get 30-days free.

Do you believe that every person who heard about this sale is even half as smart as the people on this forum?

You need do nothing more than watch the evening news to see that most people out there have stopped thinking for themselves long ago.

There are a few different buckets of consumers:

- existing customers who genuinely got Amazon Prime because of Prime Day
-- customers who intend to join and were on the fence and this pushed them over (A)
-- customers who intend to cancel Prime before 30 days
--- those that forget (B)
--- those that actually find it useful (C)
--- those that actually cancel (Z)
-- customers that did not get Prime
- existing Prime members
- people who were not Amazon customers, but joined on Prime Day (D)
- all else

I mean I'm oversimplifying it but the equation is simple:

A + B + C + D > Z

Bad press or not, Amazon claims a win, can pledge to do better, etc., and establishes a fake holiday that overshoots the ridiculously and also fake "Christmas in July" crap that somehow was a thing already.

Holy crap we are all just simple bags of money to these companies aren't we?! :D

I am sure they made an absolute killing off of this sale. And that is all that amazon cares about

Amazon and the like just gives UPS and USPS workers a workout they will never forget and to think I wanted to be a mail man at one time. Try delivering a 55 gallon of water based lube someone bought on amazon...I'm wondering if people just re-sell this stuff online sometimes.....I know people buy stuff for cheap on ebay and resell it on lets say them are from Japan they will sell it on ebay Japan and make a profit I know people do this.

Amazon and the like just gives UPS and USPS workers a workout they will never forget and to think I wanted to be a mail man at one time. Try delivering a 55 gallon of water based lube someone bought on amazon...I'm wondering if people just re-sell this stuff online sometimes.....I know people buy stuff for cheap on ebay and resell it on lets say them are from Japan they will sell it on ebay Japan and make a profit I know people do this.

USPS still has pension and considering they pay the work they do is not that punishing. Besides that 55 gallon of "water" on one pallet equates to 240L+, which is >240kg. At that weight whoever is delivering wouldn't be carrying it without a forklift anyway. Besides, the majority of the reviews for that product were people making jokes anyway.
Try hauling UPS(no not the shipping company) batteries that weigh 130lb+(yup, just 60kg) without any tool and install in cabinets that's chest height. I did it before and others did as well, and neither I or my old colleagues were complaining.

I was going to buy that barrel of lube because we're coming up on FY-2016 and a lot of us are going to go through sequestration once again...at least the lube would make it easier to accept.

Prime Day is garbage.

It's on Yahoo now, people are certainly talking about it.

+1. I wasted many breaks yesterday looking at supposed "deals." The only decent deal I saw was a Senki 32" LED 720p TV for $75 which was only 45% off. I wanted to get a Kingston usb 3.0 metal cased keychain 32GB drive for $9.99 but the lightning deal was over before I could hit checkout since I had to take a client call. Worst sale since black Friday 2011.

I don't think I'll ever buy Amazon Prime after yesterday's scam. I haven't even done the free trial yet.

The shipping is pretty great, even if this sale was BS. I've been a happy prime member for a while now. Also if you have a Kindle you can "borrow" books for free.

Never looked into the prime video offerings since netflix and HBO go covers us on that end...but it's there.

That is hilarious :D

1,401 of 1,471 people found the following review helpful
Good Lube, But....
By J. A. KONRATH VINE VOICE on February 16, 2013
I'm surprised by the high price. It would be cheaper if they sold it in bulk. I'll wait until they release a three pack.

Break em down in 8oz bottles and sell them for 5-10 bucks each. lol :D

Why not go for it on July 15, huge lull for entertainment (besides tourism, but Wednesday) and 99.9% are fully done with 2014-15 in school, and July 4th was in the rear view mirror, etc. and some colleges/schools will start up in mid August.

Many people move in to new houses in June and July, new closets to fill with junk on sale.

1,401 of 1,471 people found the following review helpful
Good Lube, But....
By J. A. KONRATH VINE VOICE on February 16, 2013
I'm surprised by the high price. It would be cheaper if they sold it in bulk. I'll wait until they release a three pack.

Bummer that there's no subscribe and save option. :D

Back