Prime Day is Coming 7/15/2015

What time did the firesticks go live on sale? I guess I missed out on that one.

You don't really want one anyway...at least if you plan to do any local streaming from a media server. They suck pretty bad for that.

Did I already miss the cheap garbage tvs? That's all I really want. Shame the fire sticks went so fast but I was only going to buy one if I was able to get one of the trash tvs.

I dunno. This looks more like a "Crap we're trying to clean out of the corners" rummage sale.

This is exactly what I was expecting it to be. This is the same shit people go gaga over at black friday "sales." That's why they are wasting time and money advertising - if they can create a regular summer sale mantra (i.e. people look forward to this "event" in the future), they can increase site views during a typically boring quarter. Just like people stand in line for hours for a non-existent deal to kick-off the holiday shopping season :D

The only sales where they can cut prices substantially without losing money is digital downloads, and that's because there's no inventory.

Last edited:
Did I already miss the cheap garbage tvs? That's all I really want. Shame the fire sticks went so fast but I was only going to buy one if I was able to get one of the trash tvs.

theres been no garbage tv's so far :mad: Thats all i want as well. My 30" POS gen 1 shit box needs to go. All it does 90% of the time is play kids show, but i occasionally want to watch some GoT or similar shit. Maybe occasionally hook a PC up to it. who knows. I'd love to play some star wars galaxies on a 46"+ TV... Im about to say fk this shit and just go to microcenter and buy a 55" for 399

You don't really want one anyway...at least if you plan to do any local streaming from a media server. They suck pretty bad for that.

I already have one for netflix use and it works perfectly for that.

I'm getting this strange thing were some items don't show up on upcoming sales or available and then randomly pop up on my unavailable sold out tab. Hope this doesn't happen when the tvs pop.

bwahaha, i just witnessed a huge roll back on times :mad:

edit: is there a screen other then these sliding bar screen? This 1 page is driving me crazy and keep getting HTTP errors

I'm getting this strange thing were some items don't show up on upcoming sales or available and then randomly pop up on my unavailable sold out tab. Hope this doesn't happen when the tvs pop.

The site is getting hammered. I was hoping for a crazy blowout deal (<$150) on fire phones to replace my aging Windows phone, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Probably the nice thing about this sale is that they have been giving out $5 credits for no-rush shipping instead of $1, and they apply to other categories like home improvement instead of just digital download bullshit.

I bought a copper mule mug (+1 at normal price), some dry erase pens, and a nice resistance band set for something to do (I'd like to work on my back/chest muscles from sitting in front a computer all day, and these look like they would be good for that). Got $10 in promo credit for no-rushing on two of the orders (the markers wouldn't let me). At least I got a few things out of today.

There's some fuckery afoot the Soundcard price went up as the deal started to make the deal/options seems better.

There's some fuckery afoot the Soundcard price went up as the deal started to make the deal/options seems better.

of course there is. cmon man. You can trust "sale" prices. You just gotta know already what your looking to buy to really see if you get a good price

bwahaha, i just witnessed a huge roll back on times :mad:

edit: is there a screen other then these sliding bar screen? This 1 page is driving me crazy and keep getting HTTP errors

Mine just reset from being four hours away to having some come up in a couple of minutes. Strange. And yeah, the one-page scrolling sucks ass.

of course there is. cmon man. You can trust "sale" prices. You just gotta know already what your looking to buy to really see if you get a good price

Oh I know and I had two tabs open on it when the deal kicked in, wasn't looking to buy one but that was a bit of a pisser to see the price go up right as the deal rolled over.

Backlash on social media is vicious.

Big time backfire for Amazon.

Backlash on social media is vicious.

Big time backfire for Amazon.

I'm betting that they're waiting till 5pm or later to roll out the "decent" deals for when people are off work, but yeah overall this "sale" has been pretty much meh.

holy fuck...all I wanted was the Nexus 6 for $399

OOS as soon as it went live :mad:

Bunch of cheap Chinese crap so far, kindle sales are decent if you need one.

Otherwise...more embarrassing for Amazon after all the hype. Anything decent pop up on Walmart?

the problem is. Im still here, and so are my coworkers clicking refresh over and over... From the items on the countdown dont seem to pop to the front of the "Available" line I was going to buy that black edition yeti mic... but it never went to the front of the available line.... i had to go 14 pages in to find it.

If there's anything positive to say about these deals it's this: at least Newegg's are even crappier. Rather, Newegg's deals are totally worthless. At least Amazon has SOMETHING someone out there might want to buy.
The only decent deal atm is the Crucial MX100. Might pick one up.

BX100 is a little cheaper at SuperBiiz (worse drive though):
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250bx100ssd1
MX200 actually comes down to a decent-ish price, but has Superbiiz's SuperBS shipping charge of 5$, so it's 90$ total:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250mx200ssd1
SuperBiiiz is doing 15% sitewide as a general FYI. I think they do that a lot so not a big footnote here.

I really hope they get ripped apart on twitter so it makes the news because this was a horrible sale.

Whoooo! It's like an online rummage sale!

WTF is this all this crap?

Fuck yeah, $4 chef hat!

If there's anything positive to say about these deals it's this: at least Newegg's are even crappier. Rather, Newegg's deals are totally worthless. At least Amazon has SOMETHING someone out there might want to buy.
The only decent deal atm is the Crucial MX100. Might pick one up.

BX100 is a little cheaper at SuperBiiz (worse drive though):
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250bx100ssd1
MX200 actually comes down to a decent-ish price, but has Superbiiz's SuperBS shipping charge of 5$, so it's 90$ total:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250mx200ssd1
SuperBiiiz is doing 15% sitewide as a general FYI. I think they do that a lot so not a big footnote here.

PCHound.com is much faster. ;)

https://pchound.com/972489/crucial-250gb-bx100-ct250bx100ssd1/

More like Prime waste of time Day amirite?

I'm done watching till 5pm or so when hopefully some meaningful deals hit.

Hrm I just got added to the waitlist on the firestick so either someone dropped or they expanded the list.

This is the Amazon "garage sale" if you ask me...

Total crap

Edit: I take it all back - Might score some Band-Aids later.

This is the Amazon "garage sale" if you ask me...

Total crap

Edit: I take it all back - Might score some Band-Aids later.

Depending on the garage sale you go to you might be able to score new/used band-aids.

Pages upon pages of phone charges, phone cases, phone holders, screen protectors. This stuff isn't even stocking-stuffer worthy.

Overhyped. A lot of people figured it would be a glorified inventory clearance situation and that's basically what it is.

Back