Prime Day is Coming 7/15/2015

You don't wait days to get it. Normally you order online and pickup the.same day.

Not so sure how that works though since it goes to the back then someone has to stop flirting out back then pick their nose and call 6 friends then walk aimlessly around the store while they find what you order. Then bring it to the back and forget they need to tag it for 3 hours so it just sits on the counter. Until finally they tag it and place it on a shelf in the back and then and only then you finally get the email that says you can pick the item up.

Don't always trust when it says available for pickup by 10pm shit. I ordered something around 4pm and expected to get it that night. Didn't get the email until the next day at about 11am.

I know someone that works for Walmart.com (it really is a separate entity from the rest of Wal-Mart) and she said that even if the store where you want to pick up an item has the item in stock, they have to have the item shipped to the store to fulfill website orders. I don't know if they have changed that recently, but it was a head-scratcher when we talked about it a while back.

Honestly $115 40" TV's are a done deal for me. That's pretty much disposable territory.

Right now I use one older 37" unused one that sits in the garage to take outside on a Saturday for grilling out and College ball games , not going to have my 4k's or nice Samsungs out by the grill and kids throwing the ball etc all day.

For 345 I can have 3 40" new ones , who cares what brand , purely to have as outside when needed TV's to have 3 ballgames going all day etc.

I'm fairly sure I'll grab a few things like that tomorrow , planning on server work to do remotely tomorrow nite so can be up at 2am when it kicks off.

So is the Fire 7 worth it? Or should I hold out for a deal on the HDX. I do like the increased resolution, the 25% increased clock speed, etc.

my boss just told me he'll cover up to 200 dollars to any tv i want as a "thank you" gift. The rest i owe back. I wonder if Amazon will have a 55" offering

For 345 I can have 3 40" new ones , who cares what brand , purely to have as outside when needed TV's to have 3 ballgames going all day etc.

I'm fairly sure I'll grab a few things like that tomorrow , planning on server work to do remotely tomorrow nite so can be up at 2am when it kicks off.

Walmart did the $115 40" element\emerson tv's for a pre-black friday sale last year. The brightness sucks I would be surprised if you could tell whats going on if the tv was outside. The colors suck. The viewing angle sucks. The sound sucks. You can't tell whats going on in dark areas. Dark = pitch black no in between. Great for the kids though :p

I'm looking forward to the prime sale, I saw this story from Yahoo about it, has a few leaked deals in there. Can't say for sure how accurate they are.
(looks like the same deals TechLarry posted above)
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/prime-day-everything-know-tomorrow-massive-amazon-sale-150053487.html

Walmart pisses me off because they won't "price match" their online prices in store. They say they will price match any competitor, but won't price match themselves? A store manager told me Walmart is a separate entity from Walmart.com........so yeah.....

This! Walmart is retarded! I spent almost an hour trying to get them to price match a video game from their site to instore. After I told them "can I just do store pick up?" They said it could take hours or a day to get the order ready even though I was holding the game in my hand. I finally got a manager to come override.

Walmart did the $115 40" element\emerson tv's for a pre-black friday sale last year. The brightness sucks I would be surprised if you could tell whats going on if the tv was outside. The colors suck. The viewing angle sucks. The sound sucks. You can't tell whats going on in dark areas. Dark = pitch black no in between. Great for the kids though :p

Keep in mind when buying from walmart you need to google the SKUs as there are some "walmart only" models that are just bottom of the bin in components to meet walmarts demanded price and margins.

FYI, if you go look at Amazon's list of upcoming deals, they recently added a bunch of prime exclusive deals starting at 3AM. Obviously no prices, but you can at least peek through and see if anything is worth being up for (so far, not seeing anything)

I've got no idea if there will be other deals in addition to these.

3 AM?! im not staying up till 3am... dafaq.. where did you see this list of upcoming sales?

edit: found em

Last edited:
3 AM?! im not staying up till 3am... dafaq

Yeah I was kinda hoping they would throw us east-coasters a bone and start this at 12AM EST. Guess not. Oh well, I wake up at 5AM, I can't imagine missing much in the first two hours.

Anyone hear of any computer component deals? I'm specifically looking for an 480/500/512G ssd that is NOT a Samsung.

im really looking at TV's or monitors... GL on your SSD ventures

Just came across this...

Deals Preview: The following are examples of some of the deals that will be available at various times throughout Prime Day.

Fire TV Stick, fastest selling Amazon device of all time, $15 off
Kindle, $30 off
Fire HD 7, $60 off
Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
32-inch LED TV, $75
40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
Brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV, under $200
50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
Chromebook laptop, only $199
Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
Highly rated binoculars, under $120
Two security camera-kits, $279.99
K'NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
K'NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
Husqvarna mower, under $300
40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
30% off select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches & more
60% off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
Get 25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins
Prime Now will also offer deals in the six cities where the service is offered

Amazon is trying too hard to push people into subscribing to Prime...I'm a satisfied non-Prime member

I'm a Prime member who doesn't really use the service much anymore, it was fine when I was buying stuff regularly but I've since realized it won't kill me to wait 5 days and bundle stuff for free shipping, and a lot of items I want aren't Prime eligible, and their video selection is much worse than Netflix.

I don't have high hopes for this sale but we shall see.

So is the Fire 7 worth it? Or should I hold out for a deal on the HDX. I do like the increased resolution, the 25% increased clock speed, etc.

<--happy HDX 7 user. I'm holding out on a clearance sale on the 2013 third-gen HDXs too. Still not known if Amazon is pimping a new Fire HDX tablet this fall.

But I have a 64GB model, and it's always half-full. So I wouldn't go back to less than 32GB.

I would like a Fire Phone to tinker with but I don't want to pay a lot for it. I hope that it has a pretty steep discount.

I would like a Fire Phone to tinker with but I don't want to pay a lot for it. I hope that it has a pretty steep discount.

From someone who bought the phone on launch, avoid the Fire phone. I'm not that serious about phones but compared to my previous Windows phone it was a step back and leagues behind my One Plus One. I have mine still which has been sitting in the box in my closet since January. If you want to throw the peanut around and interested in the phone send me a PM and I can give you more details about it.

where are people finding the deals? is there a big page?

BenQ XL2420Z 24" 144Hz Gaming Monitor Starts 10:40am pst according to SD. CAN'T WAIT

is there anyone who will be up for this that i can give my number too if the come across any good TV's @ 3am est/ midnight PST? I really want to hop on a good deal but dont want to wake up for nothing, tomorrow is going to be a hella long day lol

The site is being hammered like hell. None of the Prime Day deals are loading. Other parts of the website is fine though.

EDIT: Oh fuckin' Google Chrome. Works fine on Firefox.

I'm pretty sure they're under today's deals w/ lighting deals.

these deals are ass

Back