Prime Day is Coming 7/15/2015

That is way awesome. Bout time delivery services started working Sundays. Slowly but surely :D

Sunday delivery is only for Amazon packages. Priority Mail still sits at the deport until Monday. (They're also requiring carriers to work 7-day weeks since they don't want to staff up for weekend deliveries.)

Sunday delivery is only for Amazon packages. Priority Mail still sits at the deport until Monday. (They're also requiring carriers to work 7-day weeks since they don't want to staff up for weekend deliveries.)

Most of my online shopping is done at Amazon, so that works for me. And it's a start.

Yeah I've been repeatedly skipped over on Sundays as well, they're not doing all cities yet from what I read. I've been happy with the Saturday deliveries though. :cool:

The USPS is Amazon's bitch. :D I'm looking forward to the sale. After 3 years of running the same components, it's time to upgrade to an ITX system.

Is this sale even going to be any good. The Target one is garbage.

So, any clues on what hardware sales it will be? Hot SSD deals? Will it tempt me out of waiting for skylake before making a new computer?

The sale is probably going to turn into a huge letdown.

Any previews or leaks for this up and coming event?

I have high hopes for the MG279Q going in-stock from Amazon and dropped to $499! Yes, we can all dream.

I'm just hoping there is something more than 7% off otherwise it just makes up the cost of tax and I might as well buy from newegg.

I have high hopes for the MG279Q going in-stock from Amazon and dropped to $499! Yes, we can all dream.

Newegg has it for $599.99 right now, that's not quite $499, but it's pretty close if you actually want one.

Retail is $600........ $600 is ~17% higher than $500....... I guess close to you is not close to me.

Wal-mart says Fuck you to Amazon with their own sale starting Wed morning that is to have more deals then Black Friday (2,000+) and last 90 days. Shipping is free $35+ (for the first 30 days) although many things can probably be setup for in store pickup and not cost shipping ether.

Anybody know when this is supposed to start (timezone?) or if there are any doorbuster type things going to be happening. I'm curious, but I'm not so sure I'm curious enough to wait up until midnight.

Anybody know when this is supposed to start (timezone?) or if there are any doorbuster type things going to be happening. I'm curious, but I'm not so sure I'm curious enough to wait up until midnight.

Midnight Pacific daylight time

There has been no announcement of doorbusters or anything like that.

Midnight Pacific daylight time

There has been no announcement of doorbusters or anything like that.

Bummer. I'm certainly not saying up until 3AM just in case they open with something good.

I don't need anything anyways... but I've got a bunch of Amazon gift cards sitting around.

Bummer. I'm certainly not saying up until 3AM just in case they open with something good.

I don't need anything anyways... but I've got a bunch of Amazon gift cards sitting around.

I'm not staying up either, but that doesn't mean I won't go to bed a bit early and set my alarm to 250 to log in and see what the fuss is about.

What's gonna suck is I'll be at work all day. But luckily where I work Everyone in my department across all 4 campus's will be in on Wednesday. So we are usually really really slow.

What's gonna suck is I'll be at work all day. But luckily where I work Everyone in my department across all 4 campus's will be in on Wednesday. So we are usually really really slow.

bring your smartphone

Teasers:

Fire TV Stick $15 off
Kindle, $30 off
Fire HD 7, $60 off
Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
A "brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV" for under $200
50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
"Highly rated" binoculars, under $120
Two security camera-kits, $279.99
K'NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
K'NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
Husqvarna mower, under $300
40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
30 percent off some clothing, shoes, jewelry, and watches
60 percent off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/amazon-releases-list-prime-day-deal-teases-n391831

Needs more Cowbell.

That 40" must be some cheap POS. The 32" deal doesn't sound too bad if its Samsung, Sony, or LG.
Although it will probably one of the off brand "Major Brands". Couldn't have been a few months sooner though since I purchased a 32" Sony to replace my daughter's dead tv a few months ago for $200.

I'm looking forward to the prime sale, I saw this story from Yahoo about it, has a few leaked deals in there. Can't say for sure how accurate they are.
(looks like the same deals TechLarry posted above)
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/prime-day-everything-know-tomorrow-massive-amazon-sale-150053487.html

Wal-mart says Fuck you to Amazon with their own sale starting Wed morning that is to have more deals then Black Friday (2,000+) and last 90 days. Shipping is free $35+ (for the first 30 days) although many things can probably be setup for in store pickup and not cost shipping ether.

Walmart pisses me off because they won't "price match" their online prices in store. They say they will price match any competitor, but won't price match themselves? A store manager told me Walmart is a separate entity from Walmart.com........so yeah.....

Walmart pisses me off because they won't "price match" their online prices in store. They say they will price match any competitor, but won't price match themselves? A store manager told me Walmart is a separate entity from Walmart.com........so yeah.....

That's why you purchase online and pickup in store. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hah, indeed. I would have ordered it right there on my phone and then asked the manager to go get it for me. :p
Not so sure how that works though since it goes to the back then someone has to stop flirting out back then pick their nose and call 6 friends then walk aimlessly around the store while they find what you order. Then bring it to the back and forget they need to tag it for 3 hours so it just sits on the counter. Until finally they tag it and place it on a shelf in the back and then and only then you finally get the email that says you can pick the item up.

Don't always trust when it says available for pickup by 10pm shit. I ordered something around 4pm and expected to get it that night. Didn't get the email until the next day at about 11am.

Not so sure how that works though since it goes to the back then someone has to stop flirting out back then pick their nose and call 6 friends then walk aimlessly around the store while they find what you order. Then bring it to the back and forget they need to tag it for 3 hours so it just sits on the counter. Until finally they tag it and place it on a shelf in the back and then and only then you finally get the email that says you can pick the item up.

Don't always trust when it says available for pickup by 10pm shit. I ordered something around 4pm and expected to get it that night. Didn't get the email until the next day at about 11am.

lmao

pretty much this

Actually, they did for me... I saw the Draenor expansion pack on their site for cheap-ish. Went in and it wasn't the same price. I got bounced around once or twice because no one knew wtf they were doing over there, I did get the price match. Then again it wasn't much of a savings.

I'm not expecting much at all from this Amazon sale honestly. I might just pick up a newer Kindle Paperwhite since I'm getting sick of the very limited (for light novels anyway, which are heavy on the images) 2GB capacity on this one... and that'll be about it. Unless they actually have some good audio deals or something, I'll probably just abstain. Since it's a much publicized event unlike many of the shadow deals on Amazon that you really have to watch to get, I really doubt anything interesting to me is actually going to be on a good sale. Sounds like a bunch of crap that the common loltech consumer might be interested in.

That's why you purchase online and pickup in store. :rolleyes:

Of course, but does it even make sense that they won't match their online prices? When if you order it online, you can pick up that exact item in the same store, from the same workers at a cheaper price?
It just sucks when you run upon something in walmart that you maybe didn't know you wanted, see that it's $50 cheaper on walmart.com, then order it on there and wait anywhere from 4 hours-3 days to get it. Why not just price match their site and be done with it.

Back