Prime Day 2018 Fuels Amazon Sales to 100 million Products in 36 Hours

Was that from Amazon or a 3rd party? Maybe the shipping dept. isn't playing with a full deck due to volume of orders.

Amazon. I don't care why it happened, it's a waste of a good GPU and my time.

I buy books from an indie bookseller in Nashville now (they're two days down I-40 from me) and Newegg covers my electronics needs. I can't remember the last time a non-Amazon order was so poorly packaged it got smashed en route.

Was that from Amazon or a 3rd party? Maybe the shipping dept. isn't playing with a full deck due to volume of orders.

I got my Cheez Its in a huge box with bubble packs :) The Cheez Its case itself was plenty strong enough to have been shipped along, Amazon is weird.

Ended up with a $10 Whole Foods discount off Amazon Prime Day, so I just ended up getting some socks. Nothing interested me, but can always use clothing.

It's actually mundane instead of exciting but I finally got an Under Armour polyester t-shirt for $16. I also got a Nike pro fitted shirt for $15 a few weeks ago and the price hasn't really shot up so I still could have used the $10 for another one, but now I'll test out both of them.

It's actually mundane instead of exciting but I finally got an Under Armour polyester t-shirt for $16. I also got a Nike pro fitted shirt for $15 a few weeks ago and the price hasn't really shot up so I still could have used the $10 for another one, but now I'll test out both of them.
I got a pencil sharpener. I'll be sharpening some pencils when it arrives. One or two at least, but don't quote me.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
I bought a ton. The only thing that I got that wasn't on my known-desired list was a biometric pistol safe. All else was planned. Saved some coin - no real regret there.

I wanted the safe too but it was sold out before I got to it. :(

Was there any good deals? Last few times I checked it was mostly $5-10 "As Seen on TV" grade junk products that were marked up, then a discount applied to make them look cheap.

Was there any good deals? Last few times I checked it was mostly $5-10 "As Seen on TV" grade junk products that were marked up, then a discount applied to make them look cheap.
There was a ton of those deals, yes.

I had a bunch items I was watching that hit from decent to bitchin deals.

Essential phone for $200 was a steal (128 GB, Snapdragon 835). Other than that, only thing I picked up was a $10 lifestraw for my emergency kit. Had a better Prime day last year.

Thing is, if I were to spend a ridiculous sum on an overpowered luxury blender (rather than a $19.95 modell from Target) I'd probably choose one from Blendtec instead, if for no other reason than their hilarious "Will It Blend" series on Youtube.

"iPhone Smoke, don't breathe this."

There are many times that kitchen gadgets are overpriced luxury items. This is not one of them. Now if you only need to blend the odd mixed drink or smoothie, then sure a $20 blender will work fine. However if you do quite a bit of cooking especially when dealing with soups, sauces and a number of other things. A $20 blender just doesn't cut it. I absolutely cannot do many of the things I do in the kitchen with a $20 blender that I do with my vitamix 5200. Capacity and more importantly how consistent a blender processes is extremely important. I need things to be a uniform size at all stages of blending, not just at the point it becomes a fine puree. Smaller blenders or poorly designed ones simply cannot do that. Believe me, I didn't pay this kind of money for a blender because I was bored or wanted some stupid vanity item. That said the Blendtec while extremely powerful is pretty poorly designed as far as delivering consistent results from start to finish and not just pureed.

Back