Prices of Radeon RX Vega 56/64 are about to go back up!

Prices of Radeon RX Vega 56/64 are about to go back up.

The rebates that RTG gave to retailers before Geforce GTX 1070 Ti's launch are about to expired.

If you want Radeon RX Vega 56/64 for ~$399/$499, don't wait!

Thanks for the info.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 56 but I wanted the aftermarket ones coming soon.

Do you think they'll cost much more than $400?

Meanwhile NewEgg has the Powercolor Vega 64 for sale for $465 on eBay.....

Troll thread with no links or proof of rebates. These same rebates that supposedly ended a month after release as an explanation of the higher prices, yet here we have the original listed MSRP/SEP.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh no returns......I guess. Kinda scummy, retail outlets using eBay to bypass retail rules.

The seller is Newegg....why the hell is Newegg not selling it at the same price on their own site?

Am I gonna have to check their freaking eBay page for sales now?

EBAY is a legitimate place to price check for NewEgg nowadays. They used to sell GTX 1080 for $450 or so there. ALWAYS price check NewEgg on EBAY. Weird, but I just see it as a game of cat-n-mouse.

Performance-PCS has a legit EBAY store for selling returns and overstock. Look at some of the watercooling stuff on there. I was thinking about getting the Gigabyte x370 K7 monoblock from EKWB for $140 or so on their main website. I see that it is $60 as a return on their EBAY store. I exceeded my PC budget for the month already though. Well honestly I haven't but I artificially restrain myself to keep from buying too many deals for hobby stuff.

Ebay store.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ppcsclearance/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Gigabyte K7 monoblock on main store is $137.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/featured-products/ek-fb-msi-a370-xpower-rgb-monoblock-nickel.html

Same block as a return is $60.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EK-FB-GA-A...028216?hash=item3623b0dff8:g:vPAAAOSwjkdZ5iiH

Maybe you have a 1080ti that you want to put under water? $60?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EK-FC1080-...840633?hash=item36244699b9:g:UCYAAOSwETJZ8K5h

Christ. Now im thinking back to all those ebay posts from /r/buildapcsales, how many might have been Newegg....Also,

dummy. With that said, Vega 56 cards, out of the 5 models listed and sold by Newegg, 3 are out, 1 is at MSRP, and the other $10 above. Vega 64, we have 3 models at MSRP, not withstanding the absurd ebay sale.

On Amazon, we have 1 model of the 64 at MSRP. None of the 56.

Microcenter, 1 model of the 56 at MSRP. No Vega 64 being sold. At least on their online store.

So...maybe the rebates are indeed expiring. Or....AMD's manufacturing problems are still here, or AMD's numerous potential supply problems still exist. We have Apple buying, Intel buying (thats a new one to say), in addition to regular supply, is GF's foundry capability able to handle this (or even output enough). Digitimes reported on trouble with HBM supply, packaging problems.

Hell, maybe its all true to some extent. Probably is. Still, Im not ready to believe that AMD cant make profit off these cards and is cutting production. Actually, AMD would have to still produce cards for Apple, and I cant see AMD burning that bridge for any reason. Loss or not.

In China they have whole monstrous warehouses dedicated to GPU Mining. And they drive their trucks right up to the manufacturer's door to purchase them by the tractor trailer load. They do not go to a store to purchase their mining cards. That's how big cryptocurrency is there.
https://qz.com/1039809/amd-shares-a...-boeing-747s-to-ship-graphics-cards-to-mines/

Also when Amazon has overpriced cards it is usually a third party that is selling on Amazon or Amazon reselling them from a third party. When Amazon gets their shipment from the manufacturers it has always been at MSRP as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
In China they have whole monstrous warehouses dedicated to GPU Mining. And they drive their trucks right up to the manufacturer's door to purchase them by the tractor trailer load. They do not go to a store to purchase their mining cards. That's how big cryptocurrency is there.
https://qz.com/1039809/amd-shares-a...-boeing-747s-to-ship-graphics-cards-to-mines/

Also when Amazon has overpriced cards it is usually a third party that is selling on Amazon or Amazon reselling them from a third party. When Amazon gets their shipment from the manufacturers it has always been at MSRP as far as I can tell.

And you just explained why it makes perfect sense for AMD to up the prices of their cards wholesale with an intended MSRP of much less profit than Newegg, Amazon et all are used to getting.

They have to price themselves out of the dumptruck-to-the-mines market. It's a shit place to be in.

Almost looking like this was true. Vega 56 prices are now low stock and prices are jumping again. Shoulda coulda woulda in hindsight.

Almost looking like this was true. Vega 56 prices are now low stock and prices are jumping again. Shoulda coulda woulda in hindsight.

AMD loves their PR stunts.

Lasted just long enough for the news cycle to change to something other than 1070 Ti.

Yep, prices are going up, maybe I should have nabbed that Gigabyte 56 for $389. Too late now.

AMD loves their PR stunts.

Lasted just long enough for the news cycle to change to something other than 1070 Ti.

Really wanted to get a Vega because the 56 at $399 is a good value but ended up with an EVGA 1070Ti for $410. The 4(3.5)GB of the 970 was really starting to bring performance down. Still waiting on my $30 from that card, however.

Price of Vega is universally $50 over MSRP in online stores.

But the price of 1070 Ti is still holding steady at launch price. It's basically a 1080 minus 5% with a price cut, so it makes the Vega 64 seem lacking, and Vega 56 look stillborn.

And it's not a factory-overclocked part like the RX 580, it uses about the same power as the full 1080 and can be overclocked about the same.

Last edited:
I nabbed an RX 56 a couple days ago from microcenter for $314 + tax., guess I got lucky.

Amazing very jealous, I don't have a microcenter nearby and moved away from a city that has two Frys so I am now very sad. My wife doesn't miss it though :p

Yep, prices are going up, maybe I should have nabbed that Gigabyte 56 for $389. Too late now.

Wonder if it is really due to the RTG rebate or just pricing shenanigans from Newegg. Either way, it sucks for consumers.

No reason to buy one now that the 1070ti's are out. Let the fools have their tar-tar sauce!

Gigabyte Vega 64 from NewEgg @ $499 today on eBay. Not sure why they have it so cheap there, but way more on the NewEgg site......

Gigabyte Vega 64 from NewEgg @ $499 today on eBay. Not sure why they have it so cheap there, but way more on the NewEgg site......

Complete lack of warranty.

Generally, warranties only apply if you purchased a product "new" from a retailer.

A sale through ebay means you are buying your item on "ebay" and therefore doesn't count as a retailer (generally).

The specifics will be determined by what you are required to submit to the manufacturer with an RMA claim (such as receipts, etc)

Last edited:

Generally, warranties only apply if you purchased a product "new" from a retailer.

A sale through ebay means you are buying your item on "ebay" and therefore doesn't count as a retailer (generally).

The specifics will be determined by what you are required to submit to the manufacturer with an RMA claim (such as receipts, etc)

You sure? Is gigabyte no longer serial based on manufacture date for warranty?

You sure? Is gigabyte no longer serial based on manufacture date for warranty?

You will have to ask someone else about that, I haven't been up to date on any of the manufacturer warranty changes since the advent of the current crypto-boom.

On Newegg, as Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll in, Newegg has not one Vega 56 card in stock.

Amazon is selling Vega 56 at 499, and no stock until Nov. 23.

On Newegg, as Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll in, Newegg has not one Vega 56 card in stock.

Amazon is selling Vega 56 at 499, and no stock until Nov. 23.

And you can find five different 1070 Tis on Newegg for $470 or less.

I think Vega 56 just got smoked. Three months after release, stock is still impossible to find at anywhere near MSRP. And Nvidia has finally satisfied demand for the miners, stabilizing the price segment Vega plays in, and having prices that b are just embarrassing to AMD.

Last edited:
And you can find five different 1070 Tis on Newegg for $470 or less.

I think Vega 56 just got smoked. Three months after release, stock is still impossible to find at anywhere near MSRP. And Nvidia has finally satisfied demand for the miners, stabilizing the price segment Vega plays in, and having prices that b are just embarrassing to AMD.

What were you expecting?

AMD can't just keep subsidizing a dumpster fire.

Miner's are snapping up Vega's right now due to the fact that Vega is making $4-5 a day. 1070ti's are half that or less.

"AMD sucks buy Nvidia.........."

Yeah okay.

Totally Wrong, must be nice to make things up on the internet with no factual experience.

Source: me actually submitting parts for warranty from "authorized retailers" on ebay before. Newegg's ebay store is still Newegg.

Well custom cards will be out in the next few weeks as well.

Although the Red Devil being $1000CAD is a bit much

if I can get Vega 56s for $600 or less though I will be reinvesting my mining profits in them.

Well custom cards will be out in the next few weeks as well.

Although the Red Devil being $1000CAD is a bit much

if I can get Vega 56s for $600 or less though I will be reinvesting my mining profits in them.
Mining is so variable, my one Vega 64 was beating out or equalling my two 1070's just a couple of weeks pretty much consistently, now the 1070's are doing much better than the Vega 64. Nicehash, Vega 64 low $3.00 a day, 2x 1070's $4.00+, currently $4.31. Not using the blockchain drivers for Vega 64 since I game with it as well.

Back